Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

jobe turbo....

3K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  F250Hoss 
#1 ·
anyone runnin the jobe performance "whistler" turbo? i bought it a year or two ago and like it, but am wonderin what you guys think about it and what would possibly be a better option with b codes?

#3 ·
:whs: Pretty much anything would be better

#4 ·
What you spent $1500 on, was a stock turbo with a slightly larger compressor wheel.

For $200-300 more, you could have bought a Garrett 38R BB turbo, that could handle the B-codes you want to upgrade to. Sorry. :(

Hopefully, you can sell that turbo, and recover some of that financial hit.

Jobe should be banned from selling anything PSD related.

#5 ·
Yeah jobe performance is a joke

#6 ·
How much are you wanting to flow out of your B- codes? You may need to go bigger then a 38R if your looking for anything really over 500-525.

#8 ·
LOL 600+ HA I know 40PSI is max on my turbo. I wont go over that. Once my truck needs something bigger its getting twins. 38R with a 45.... Nuff said. IMO Get a modded H2e set-up and you should be fine.

#11 ·
Some big hybrids would do just as much damage as some B codes. And yes a Borg warner would be an awesome choice. Like say a S300 I think is big enough

#12 ·
This is just a curiosity question, but looking at your sig you have some things that most people wouldn't really know about without a little research. What made you go with Jobe for the turbo and intake?

#14 ·
Thats t the best turbo money can buy. why not go ahead and get there Intercooler as well and call it a complete package and don't for get the air box. thats what helps it spool.

or consider it a complete pile of sh-tLOL

#16 ·
well i have done alot of research and i unfortunately relied on some bad info early on when i bought that turbo, at that point i was hearin alot of bad stuff around town from the pullin guys that the older 38's were failin and flutterin. i have been thinkin real hard about changin it and am lookin for somethin thats gonna be able to be street-able but i can compete with. i am gonna retire this truck in the next year to be a puller and play truck. kinda thinkin about the s3000, but any info would help. as far as the b codes, i am open to info, been readin alot and checkin the postings for as much info as i can get. what do ya think of swamps 176/176's?

#17 ·
b codes will use more oil, have less injection pressure, and have worse atomization than similarly sized hybrids
i don't see 176/176 injectors on swamps' site? go for 200cc hybrids or larger or else you'll just be wanting more

#20 ·
this is why i am on here askin questions cause it never hurts to get everyones opinion. i agree on goin big cause the last thing i want to do is be stuck spendin $$ and wantin more. on a side note what do ya think it would take to spank a dmax with efi livewire, cp3 and a fass fuel system? he drags on the weekends and his numbers are high 12's, i know its gonna take alot, but he's talkin a huge game on the streets and won't light it up when we try to play with him.

#23 ·
Yeah no kidding

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.