Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

CCV Mod on a 6.0?

122K views 73 replies 25 participants last post by  Greg5252 
#1 ·
What is it? how hard is it to do? Any info, links, or pics on this mod would be greatly appreciated! TIA

#2 ·
You reroute the crankcase vent so it doesn't route up into your intake. Notice that on your intake tube you may have some oil residue, that in from the CCV. I saw a site that sold a reroute kit but I forgot what it was...

#4 ·
What would you use to plug the hole in the intake?

#6 ·
:doh:

#10 ·
is that the tube closest to the turbo? what are the benefits of this mod?

#13 ·
No oil running through your intake. Also i think the oil can deteriorate intake boots.

#14 ·
Thanks for all the info guys! :ford:

#16 ·
Looks like i need to use 5/8" hose, do i need to hose clamp it to the CCV elbow? i know stupid question but i just want to cover everything. How long should i run the tubing? can i ziptie the tubing to my frame rail?

#18 ·
Thanks again gentlemen! whenever i do the CCV mod, ill be sure to take pics and post them for you guys!

#19 ·
I think I'm gonna do this now too. Sounds easy...

#20 ·
not the same i have a 7.3 but when i did mine this weekend, i just put a plug in the intake tube and put electrical tape around it to hold it in, correct me if i am wrong but there is no pressure at this point.

#22 ·
plug and some silicone around the outside?

#24 ·
ok, but silicone would work on the outside right? just dont put any on the inside

#26 ·
ok thanks

#28 ·
well only thing i could find to plug my intake hole was a rubber oil filler plug, i just need to cut it down some and put my gasket maker around the outside and that issue is done.

#31 ·
I think ill be ok, the plug is pretty big and fits snugly, not to mention it will have gasket material all over the outside. Ill post pics of the whole project when i do it. :ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.