Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Homemade CCV mod setup I made.....

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Dave R 
#1 ·
Did a little work on the truck today. I built an Accumulator and sleeve for my CCV mod. I'll slip the sleeve into the intake tract and replace the CCV setup completely. The 90* fitting in the pic is what will go in the flipped valve cover breather and a 3/4" line will be run to the back of the truck under the bed into the Accumulator I built there. It'll be clamped to the frame or something under there. I just need to get the 3/4 line and I'm ready to install.

What do you think???

Dave

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks nice! Is it going back into the intake before the turbo?

#4 ·
The sleeve on the right is going to replace the factory one and will bolt in it's place. The accumulator will mount under the bed somewhere and I'll check for potential oil occasionally. No oil in my intercooler anymore.

I think it'll work fine with the filter portion above the inlet line. I will pull the straight barb out for a 90* one there in the tank too because I don't want it to fill the line up by having to go up hill and back down into the tank.

I made this out of 5" exhaust piping and cut it down to 4" for the intake part and just capped and welded the upper part and rounded the lower for a collection point on the bottom. Then I used a leftover .125 DOM bar for the riser for the filter. We'll see how it works out.

Thanks
Dave

#5 ·
Stuff some chore boy scrubbing pads in it and it will help capture the oil so that it doesn't backflow.

#6 ·
I tried something simular but mine was 2inch pvc it was ok ,the motor was wore out so I did the exhaust thing to get the foul smell away from the cab.

Nice work tho ! I would use the scouring pads tho for media.

#7 ·
I made the standoff for the filter to hopefully starve off any over spill but if it happens, the inside has room to fill the standoff with a scouring pad just in case. I'll try it out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Dave

#9 ·
I just run a hose from the reversed valve cover part up over the brake booster and end it under the cab.

I've never ever had a drop of oil come from the hose. With the hose going up over the brake booster, the oill accumulates and runs back down into the vc. Been like this for many years on several trucks I have.

#10 ·
Mine is the same with the same results.

Tom

#14 ·
Have you thought about running a clear tube from the bottom of your accumulator to some place about half way up?

This would give you a nice sight tube to see if any oil is holding a level in the accumulator...

#15 ·
I did consider it but I'm very good at checking the upkeep maintenance on my vehicles and will check it often once i finally do get to installing it all.

Visiting family, kids activities, school, work, pregnant wife. Time is not on my side right now for my hobbies. That's why the racecar is for sale.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.