Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

h2e or gt38r

4K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  99 7.3 
#1 ·
Well which one should I get? I can get AWESOME deals on both. But don't know which one I should get. What I have is in my sig.
THANKS

#3 ·
Well the 38r will bolt right up to your updated turbo stuff, and the h2e will require a hypermax or similar pedestal.... from what I hear the h2e, when modded, is a slick turbo... but then again sooooo many love the 38r. 38r is limiting though.

#6 ·
ya i would have to mod the h2e. i know someone that is making pedistals, and i can get one from him for a good price. it just getting the rest of the hardware for the h2e. the 38r is brand new and the h2e is a rebuild.

#10 ·
i got about 750 in mine but its a 71/76. the exhaust wheel was almost 400.

#11 ·
38r if you're going to stay at the power level you're at now.....

H2E style turbo if you want power now and more later.....

#13 ·
yup that was a plan of mine but i think iam go with a single modded H2E it just sux u spend this money the you add sumthing else and its not enough air any more

#15 ·
well everything is convertered over to late model. i don't plan on going any bigger. at least that is the plan. i just want to make sure that it will handle my injectors (w/ 100%) and i will be able to pull w/ it.

#16 ·
that changes price big time for an e99,
unless you can fab a mount the h2e is more coin

#18 ·
I'm running the same injectors you are and my 38r and awesome. If you don't plan on going with anything bigger in the future then a 38r is your best bet for sure.

#19 ·
I think if you throw a Modded H2e in there you might think differant...:poke: :evil

#22 ·
ya i ordered a 38r monday from dave. hell of a price. i guess if i go bigger i can use it for a twin set up. but i don't like dockboys post. guess i'll have to put a gauge in to check the backpressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.