Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

PowerChoke throwing codes>>>>>>

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  SgtPanarella 
#1 ·
After software up date in my 08 superduty i noticed that the truck regens at least 2 times everyday on a 55 mile trip into work>>>>> WTF that was about 2 months ago yesterday CEL came on and here are the codes:

P0263- Cylinder 1 contribution/balance

P0297- Vehicle overspeed condition (I had that Mercedes until about 80)

P0284- Cylinder 8 contribution/balance

P20E3- Exhaust gas temp temp sensor 1/3 correlation bank 1

#10 ·
Same here! The 2 08's I have for work, have had all kinds of problems and the 08 we pull the pullin truck with has had several issues as well! Egr valve,3 radators,hoods cracking,turbos going bad only one had turbo done, and a few other things. Great trucks if they would stay running longer than a month!! Just give me a good ole 7.3
Oh and they all have over 100,000 on them now!

#7 ·
wish I knew more about the 6.4's or I would try and help ya out. Funny how ya can rag on a "6leaker" all day long or duratard or cummapart but seems some are a little touchy all of a sudden.

Any mods done to the truck? tuner or exhaust. Sounds like it is all stock. What did you use to read the codes? Can you clear them and see if they come back? Maybe they popped up as a fluke with that Mercedes chase you alluded to.

If the truck is running fine I would start with clearing the codes and see if they come back. If so and your still under warranty as much as the dealers such, a little research and maybe you can find a good one in your area that can get you fixed up prim and proper.

#8 ·
Thank you for your input , I got the codes from the dealer. He tried to repeat what the tech told him but he was a little vague. With the injector failure codes I maintained 14.3 mpg. Maybe just a fluke but the dealer said they want to take a look at the injectors. Big job, lotsa #### in the way. Thank god for warranties!! Thanks again

#12 ·
not meaning to stir sh!t up but i got over 30,000 on mine and its a job 1 truck aside from recalls and the egr getting stuck open it runs like an f'n champ.
hope everything works out for you fellas

#13 ·
I don't know how so many people have problems with their truck on here. We have had 3 new powerstrokes sense 04 and all have been great. Each has been to the dealer once. Not bad in my book...

#15 ·
At least the base warranty is 100K engine...

#18 ·
Truck is back from ford!! The #1 cylinder was weak and the injector was only at 7 psi. They replaced the injector and that solved the #1 and #8 cylinder problems. (I assume the "weak: #1 cylinder caused an imbalance with #8). And the EGT sensor problem was 1 of the 3 was reading 275 degrees hotter than the other 2. They replaced it and the problem went away. Does anyone know what damage can be done with a messed up egt sensor? Could that be the reason that I regen so often?

PS thank you all for all of your input!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.