Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Homemade intake

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Blow-n-Smoke 
#1 ·
So is there any way to make a homemade intake for these trucks? I need an intake but don't really have much disposable income after buying my turbo. I still even have a 6637 or whatever it is intake filter from the 7.3's Tymar, but I don't know it that's usable or not. Thanks guys.

-Scott

#3 ·
From what I hear, not until you hit about the 500hp mark. The reason I would change the intake is for ease of cleaning the filter, the stocker sucks to pull apart and get back together.

#6 ·
I don't see why you couldn't get some piping, bend it and weld it up, then build like an airbox or just run open with that 6637.

#7 ·
#12 ·
That is such a bad a** set up. I like the look of. Really nice job.

#9 ·
I modded my '04 and my '06 as seen in the pic. Makes filter swaps a snap and when used with the ZOODAD mods it sucks freash air like nothing else on the market.

#10 ·
S&B is a good one for the 6.0s at 270 to your door, works well with the ZOODAD mod as well as it bieng a CAI.

#13 ·
i just stole my dads he got a kn cold air. his had the huge stock plastic barrel in it but someone pulled the massice honeycomb out of the plastic shell and put in an oval based cone filter and put a dowel thru the end to keep the base sealed up works great and its cheap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.