Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

how to make turbo whistle louder on 6.0

117K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Logan Dehart 
#1 ·
how do i make the turbo whistle louder on turbo on 2003 6.0 without messing nething up

#3 ·
:whs: if you delete those it'll whistle like crazy!!!

#8 ·
03's have a different turbine wheel. If I remember right the 03 has a 11 blade and the 05 has a 13.

#10 ·
here is mine straight piped. stock tubing. i have since put on a mbrp with a muffler. the muffler took out a little of the ear piercing whistle at the top. but yeah, to make them whistle, like was said, take out the muffler and cat and leave the stock piping.

those should give you an idea.
clarence

#11 ·
i have a 03 turbo on my 05, straight piped and i love the whistle!! the only other thing you could do is take out the silencer ring

#12 ·
I don't know if it's because of the Procharger or because of the tuning for the Procharger, but the loudest '03 turbo I've heard was on my truck, with the possible exception of UNBROKEN's old set-up. I'm gonna slap it back on next week so I can see how it compares once and for all with the '04 turbo. I sure do love the sound of the '03 though!

#14 ·
'04 is on it. We put the '03 on when I went up to Iowa but it didn't seem to run as strong with it so we put the '04 back on. But it may have been due to whatever issue the truck was having we realize now. So I'm gonna try it again.

#20 ·
Depends on where you live about the cat. I had my truck inspected by Ford Dealership here in CC while I was having warranty work done to it and to my surprise they passed it w/no cat. I asked how it passed (yea could've been really stupid but oh well :doh:) and they said that the only 2 areas that DPS really mildly enforce it is in DFW and Houston due to the smog/air quality :shrug:

#16 ·
I am unsure of TX emissions, but that's where you will get your sounds from, mainly deleting the cat, if you have a aftermarket exhaust system, or even if you don't,you can buy the cat delete pipe, install it, keep your stock cat and reinstall, when it comes times for emissions testing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.