Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Water injection?

11K views 124 replies 27 participants last post by  PowerstrokeJunkie 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I run water Meth, I like it simple, and cheap fuel. How just water will do I don't know.

#4 ·
I think that the water will help and maybe a little power too.

#5 ·
I love the water... You can just feel it continue to pull even when you lift a little off the throttle. Kainers could not believe it in my truck, EGT's are going down and your still accelerating.

With Stage 2's and water towing anything I wanted I could not get over 1200...

#7 ·
When you run water is it like a constant injection? Or does it inject bassed on something like boost pressure or a WOT switch?

#8 ·
Depends on the kit... The one Garrett is getting is based off EGT, but it has inputs for boost levels as well.

The kit I run is off boost only, first stage at 10# and second stage at 25-28#...

You do NOT want to inject water without boost or you will hydrolock the motor. And you need to be injecting before WOT to keep the EGT's down.

#14 ·
Depending on the injectors you run and how much you leave the switch on, 7 gallons should last about 300-350 miles of almost full time switch on use.

My 9 gallon tank will last me about 800 miles if I just switch it on when I need or want to.

#16 ·
OK, I talked to a local shop about doing this and they want to use my washer fluid tank as the water tank. Is that big enough, or should I mount a different tank?

#18 ·
That doesn't really bother me. Just pop it and fill it! Thanks guys.

#19 ·
I use the controller on both trucks (older version) and boost as the ref. Tow truck kicks on at 12psi and full flow at 32psi when daily driving and when towing I turn the knob up to start at 20psi. The curve I programmed is aggressive on the bottom end then tappers off at full boost.

Good controller and will handle the heat (internal electrical) for long towing pulls of 20-30 min. without frying the components inside.

#28 ·
Very little, maybe 10-20hp on a 550-600hp build... But you can use the power you have all the time.

#30 ·
With your mods and straight water... I doubt you would even feel anything. But you would be able to tow in a much higher setting on the chip... Water was the fourth mod I did on my truck...

Intake, Chip, Exhaust, water, ATS housing, so on... LOVED my water injection from day one.

#32 ·
Yes, and the electric shunt valve... The shunt valve should be on the same hot wire as the pump... If the pump does not get power then there is no water going past the valves...

There is little if any danger from a properly installed water injection system... You hillbilly it, dont blame the kit.

I have my pumps mounted on the frame rails, the tank is in the tool box and shunt valves are about 4-6" away from the nozzles.

#36 ·
On my truck my second stage is completely non-intercooled. Boost goes from ~25 to ~60-70psi with no cooling other than the water.

Needless to say, on my truck the power increase between water off vs water on is Substantial.

It would not surprise me if it were 70hp or more.

#39 ·
On my truck my second stage is completely non-intercooled. Boost goes from ~25 to ~60-70psi with no cooling other than the water.

Needless to say, on my truck the power increase between water off vs water on is Substantial.

It would not surprise me if it were 70hp or more.
What volume are you injecting? I'm at 900cc at about 300psi now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.