Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

12v in a 95 obs fuel and exhaust questions.

7K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  casper12v 
#1 ·
I'm putting a 12V in my 95 Obs and i have heard that u need a special exhaust manifold to clear your ac housing. What kind of exhaust manifold do u need?
Also i have a plant drive 2 tank kit in my 95 powerstroke right now. I want to use it still when i do my 12V swap. Right now i have a superduty lift pump and aeromotive regulator setup for fuel and my before the tank switching valve i have a seperate filter for both the diesel and veggie oil sides. Is their either a kit i can get to delete the stock cummins fuel filter but still use the fuel lines and the stock mech fuel pump? Or do i have to cut and plumb the lines and just adapt the regulated return system with the superduty lift and do away with the cummins mech lift pump?

#2 ·
For the exhaust, I flipped the manifold upside down. I just have a stock turbo but there is still some room to grow. But what kind of motor mounts did you use; I used FordCummins mounts and modified the crossmember so that I did not have to set the motor back three inches like they said, so that might add more clearance also. I'm not sure if it helps, but for fuel, I have one tank with a slightly modified sending unit hooked to a Aeromotive marine pump, then a filter and then straight into the P7100. Also ran a return line to the tank. Hope it helps a little

#8 ·
Can u take a few pics of where u did away with the factory pump and filter? I want to see how u tied the fuel lines together. I have been thinking of doing this but still havent figured it out how to get the main supply and the return from the injectors to tye into each other.

#3 ·
do u use a stock clutch fan on your set up?

#5 ·
If you keep it back you can use the factory fan clutch. I had the mounts from fordcummins at first but changed them this past winter. I also did away with the factory lift pump and fuel filter. I am currently using a fass 150 setup.

#7 ·
what kind of motor mounts did u use? Can u take a few pics of where u did away with the factory pump and filter? I want to see how u tied the fuel lines together. I have been thinking of doing this but still havent figured it out how to get the main supply and the return from the injectors to tye into each other. what kind of psi do u run to the p pump?

#9 ·
I will try and post some tonight after work. I ran fuel lines directly to the pump from my fass system. The return line from the p-pump to the fass i just spliced a tee fitting to connect the return from the injectors. About 40-44psi

#10 ·
thanx alot for getting the pics, also did u run the return from the injectors into the return line to the tank?

#12 ·
Yeah your right on the firewall and the driveshafts. It is alot cheaper if you don't have to change all that. At the time i pulled alot of trailers. But i have pulled trailer without the stock fan. I also used a electric fan for awhile.

#13 ·
So strictly speaking in terms of just setting the engine in, do you have to shift the trans back, or is this just based on a type of motor mount? I was under the impression that the engine was fairly drop in and mount everything after getting the required adaptor plates etc...

#17 ·
those pics on your myspace thing helped alot thanx man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.