Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

clutch said to F off

3K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  pontiacross 
#1 ·
well clutch said to f off after 7 pulls on it
here it is

#6 ·
Yep it said F U! LOL I remember your last pull last year at Munfordville and your clutch was done then. So I'm shure that was a fresh rebuild at the start of the season.?.?

#10 ·
Maybe a Haisley comp puller with the fly weights ro step up to the 4200.

#16 ·
The only problem with stepping up to the Iron Giant is the hydraulics. I added a SS braided line from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder and it was just enough to get the job done. Making a slightly longer rod on the slave cylinder might have helped out, but I never got that far into the setup.

Good luck on whatever route you go House.

On Edit: The Iron Giant is a double disk. There is not enough room to fit a triple disk in there, plus a triple disk SBC would also mean a new flywheel.

#21 ·
had hub manfactures defect, hubs were not true and caused the disc wobble and not to clamp all the way and create heat.
Well peter stepped up his game alot for me! Now i have a 4200LB IG with full feramic disc's!

should be hooking this weekend!

#24 ·
house was you clutch hard to get in and out of gear? I had mine rebuilt this winter too. I have about 5 hooks on it and it dont act like it wants to reliece now:doh:
it also seems stiffer than the old one even though they were suppost to be the same pressure.

#27 ·
mine is kinda tough gota have peadal clear to floor
I remeber BB saying something about a redisigned throw out arm
(not the updated one from Ford)

my 3600 12cb has been like that from day one, if it's not on the floor it's sob to get in gear. I actually move my seat forward or back for different shoes :D

#26 ·
3600 12cb

after I got done pulling last night , I had to hold the brake to keep the truck from moveing, with it in gear and the clutch all the way down

#29 ·
I must have got a clutch out of the same batch as yours. got it out tonight, only has about 5 hooks on it........

#33 ·
leaving at 4am monday morning, to go get it fixed. it's a little farther than I thought is was going to be when I decide I was going to haul it up there my self, its gonna be about 15hr's of road time, but still should be cheeper than shipping the dang thing:doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.