Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

02 *7.3 starts and idles but wont rev

22K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  richyrich 
#1 ·
I just bought a 02 f250 2 wheel drive. It has 526,000 miles. It had the injector cups and o rings, oil cooler and hpop gaskets. I was told it ran fine before the gasket were changed now it wont rev up. I just put in a new throttle pedal in and it still won't rev. I've checked fuse 45 it was good. The instrument panel works.#I was able to get codes they are all continuious memory they are p0122 throttle pedal a circuit low p0113 intake air temp 1 curcuit high (probably because it is still in the air box that's in the cab) and p0603 powertrain control module kam error. It also will only idle for about one to two minutes then it will die like it ran out of fuel. Any ideas what I should do next?

#2 ·
check icp for oil unplug it and see if anything changes with idle and reving and check to see if the stamped nut is still on the ipr

#5 ·
The nut is still on the ipr and it is snug and when I unplug the icp it is full of oil and it continues to not rev up. There is oil in the valley but I'm not sure if it is from when they pulled the hpop or if the gasket is leaking I'm also thinking they might have messed something up when they changed the gasket. Is there any way to check if they did? I felt around the hpop as best I could and didn't feel any oil. Are the lines supposed to be able to move a little at the fittings?

#6 ·
You were right to consider the pedal first. The pedal has two components. The variable resistor for position, and the home switch to set zero each time the pedal returns to rest. I have found that it is the home switch that has caused me the no rev condition three separate times in two vehicles (2000 excursion & 2000 F350). I would verify that the new home switch is closing, and that the circuit is closed through the switch back to the closest harness point when the pedal is at rest. It could be both a bad new pedal, or a broken wire/connector. Doing that would completely eliminate the home switch as a possibility.

#11 ·
Possibly also check to make sure the hpop has enough oil in it. It should only be about an inch away from the opening. They also could have gotten a lot of air in the hpo system when the changes the gaskets

#14 ·
The port in on top its an alan head bolt on the drivers side under the powerstroke cover. I'm not sure how to purge the hpo system other than just running it

#19 ·
The speedometer is a wheel speed sensor I believe and the abs thing would probably be the abs sensor check the wires going to them see if they are doing the same as the ones under the hood

#21 ·
O ya its probably bad then I'm not sure if they are related or not but I'm guessing if u have all wheel abs its a good possibility

#23 ·
My guess is if the abs is going off then the hub bearings are starting to sheer and the metal shavings are grounding out the abs sensor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.