Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ELITE'S BIG OIL FOR THE 6.0

12K views 53 replies 26 participants last post by  Stroked95 
#1 ·
We've put a few of these kits on the road, and so far they've been very reliable. All we're doing in essence is adding a second stock HPOP, feeding oil in through the valve covers, and providing enough oil to run 430 cc (the largest we currently make) non-hybrid injectors at full pressure.

This is the kit Tadd has been working on for quite some time. By no later than next spring we hope to have a drag truck dialed in running this setup, but time will tell.

This video link is of Dallas' '04 6.0 at the '09 FASS diesel nationals on the dyno.

Keep in mind the truck has (had) a non-wastegated GT42 Billet wheeled turbo set up for the 2.8 sled pulling class, stock bottom end, H11 studs, Spearco intercooler, stage 1 cam, 430 cc injectors, EDE twin HPOP 6 spd manual.(etc, etc.) It was set up for the 2.8 pulling class, not 430's and nitrous. He only offered the truck as a test bed to see the potential of the twin hpop setup. 2 stages of nitrous, both with .136" jets. The truck dynoed a conservative 796 rwhp, and had a lot left when the turbo was oversped and died at 3600 rpms. (the engine still seems to run fine) for serious inquires you can contact us at 866-631-8518, or visit us here: Welcome to Elite Diesel Engineering.

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
I have seen a couple of Elites twin HPOP setups in person and they run sweet!! Some serious potential here!! If I wanted big oil this is the route I would go....

#11 ·
Rough idea of cost?

#15 ·
i talked to elite deisel about the dual hpop and they said in order to really benifit you would need to be using their 430cc injectors. So i guess if you have smaller it wouldnt benifit from it. Also that Dallas's dually, put down around 780hp on that dyno but they said realistically, that truck put down over 1000hp with the dual setup. They should be out in a few weeks though according to elite.

#16 ·
Also that Dallas's dually, put down around 780hp on that dyno but they said realistically, that truck put down over 1000hp with the dual setup.

I see somebody was jumping the gun a little bit on that one...LOL

I'm not saying it's not possible at all because I've seen these pumps in action and they kick ass but someone sure has a bad case of foot in mouth diesese over there...:poke:

Dallas's truck did not dyno over 1000hp yet....it will for sure I have no doubts as will Glen Miller's truck. That truck was an animal at DPC before he ran into some mechanical issues. If he would have been able to run the dyno at Dennis Perry's shop in Bowling Green I have no doubt it would hold the record for the highest hp powerstroke PERIOD right now. But as the cards played out he didn't get to and that's too bad because it would have been good for all us Ford guys. Maybe finally shut up some of these Dodge and Chevy boys once and for all.

Well I've done enough ranting here for one day. I wish Elite the best with their trucks and their Twin HPOP setup....someone just needs to keep a lid on their mouth before they actually lay down some solid numbers...:doh:

#19 ·
Mathematically? What the heck is mathematically Garrett, lol :poke:
For some reason horseshoes and hand grenades popped into my head when I seen mathematically :doh: But you boys up there at Elite do have the parts to make some hp that's for sure :evil

#21 ·
[I]Mathematically? What the heck is mathematically Garrett[/I], lol :poke:
For some reason horseshoes and hand grenades popped into my head when I seen mathematically :doh: But you boys up there at Elite do have the parts to make some hp that's for sure :evil
Guess I should keep in mind the different levels of intelligence of the people in the diesel performance industry Lol :poke: ;)

#20 ·
That's a definitely a killer setup. I'm glad we have more options for the 6.0L, we need them to hang with the CR setup's. ;)

Our issue is moving enough air to efficiently use the amount of fuel we are capable of pushing. Spray helps, that's for sure. We'll be giving the bottom end a huge workout, but I'm going to give it heck trying!

#24 ·
correct. this system picks up where a stock hpop drops off, which is usually between roughly 225 cc's on '05+ to 250 cc's on the '03-'04 style hpop. You're basically doubling the oiling capacity of your system, so theoretically if a single '04 hpop will do 250 cc's before it drops off, this should be able to move 500 cc's at full pressure, full throttle. We just don't have an injector that big for the 6.0 yet. 430's are the largest conventional injector we offer as of now.

Any guesses on what kind of power potential 430's or the specualtive 500's could produce with complete combustion? *******? You could probably be the best at figuring out that one since you've made such efficient power from your stock(?) hpop setup...

#29 ·
Ya i think that Glenns truck was going to be a beast! Oh and thanks for the Glove Tyler too bad it didnt help lol. Cant wait to see multliple 1000 hp 6.0's

#30 ·
So mathematically speaking.........

Stock 135cc injectors and a small shot of nos can make 450 RWHP. THEN>>>
270cc injectors should be able to make 900 rwhp with the right air flow.
405cc (135 X3) should be able to make 1350 RWHP with the right air flow.

SO 430cc should be able to make 1433 RWHP!!!
(430 / 135 = 3.1851851 X 450 = 1433.3332)

#31 ·
:whs:

See what you went and started now Garrett...:poke: LOL

#34 ·
I am curious as to why this won't work on a smaller injector. Sounds to me like its the same setup as a 7.3 dual hpop setup. The more oil you can run the more efficient the delivery will be etc. Our truck with 225's pulled ICP down to between 1300 and 1500 at WOT without a true load such as a sled. Now to me thats low. Stock truck is upwards of 3000 and its efficient so why don't you keep it efficient with a bigger injector? Now our pump may be a little warn out but come on now you can't tell me 1300 to 1500 psi is efficient. Very nice setup but not sure I believe it will only work with 430's. IMO any bigger injector will benefit from a twin setup whether it be 190's or 430's

#36 ·
Giddy-Up-Go (Quote)...

"Dual HPOP's are needed to fully maintain a conventional injector larger than 225cc's (so 255cc's-430cc's) BUT if you have a ton of miles on your existing HPOP you might not even be able to fully maintain a 190cc injector."

Your not limited to 430's to run Dual HPOP's

#37 ·
If you really wanted, you could run the twin hpop setup on stock injectors, no tune, stock everything else. You just wouldn't notice a difference in power, and it'd be returning a lot more oil. All this system does, is allow a higher flowing injector to maintain the desired/ required pressure for proper operation. this system does not increase pressure above the capacity of the factory system. It only increases volume for large injectors. Not that I could ever see a need for triple or quadruple hpops, the technology is there to do it if you needed it. I just don't know where you'd put the additional pumps. Unfortunately for Danny the extra oil pump sits right where the procharger fits. To answer a question asked earlier, the additional pump spins at the same rpm as the stock one, driven by a belt from the crankshaft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.