Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Powersmoker goes 7.32 in the 1/8th!!

4K views 58 replies 32 participants last post by  Powerstroke Racer 
#1 ·
Just got home from the OBX event, I was too tired to stay for the pulls. Watched Brian go 7.32 with a 1.5 60ft I think!!! Congrats man, someone told me that was a powerstroke record!!

Brian surprised the hell out of me, he was def holding his own in the ProStreet class! If he had been spraying it would have been a whole different ball game!!

Im sure someone got it on video so post it up soon!

#7 ·
Congrats Brian!! The:ford: old stock bottom end isn't giving up!

#12 ·
Thanks guys. The truck ran very well considering the heat ( Heat index 110 deg) I ran prostreet and quick diesel at outerbanks speedway yesterday. 16 truck field in prostreet! All the big boys were there. I made it threw one round of prostreet and one round of quick diesel.

Both classes were very competetive. Most prostreet trucks were running 6.20s-6.90s with 3-4 trucks running mid to low 7's. Both ts trucks took 1st and 2nd in quick diesel. Those guys are tough.

I did enter the tough truck competition, dyno, drag, pull. It was kinda like the diesel power challenge minus trailer tough and mpg..... I placed third in that. I ended up pulling 3.0 class and placed 2nd .

My truck looks totally different now since I updated the front end to a 05-07truck and added a 6 pt cage. Pics and video will follow.

#13 ·
That is awesome Brian congrats. Sounds like the truck is holding up very well for you. Those are some awesome numbers all the way around.

TS truck are some tuff jokers.

#17 ·
:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

#18 ·
brian you bastard. conversion calculator says:

Your 1/4 Mile ET is 11.51 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 7.32 seconds.
Your 1/4 Mile MPH is 115.32 MPH computed from your vehicle 1/8th MPH of 93 MPH.

congrats buddy!!

p.s. you're missing a sticker ahole.

#22 ·
Sounds like the old truck got a workout. That has to be one of the most well rounded trucks I have ever heard of. Second place in the 3.0 class, are you kidding me? Why the 3.0 and not 2.8? Did the rules not allow bushings or something? You need to be in the Diesel Power Challenge next year so people will finally respect the 7.3 and its abilities. The hardest part for you would be choosing the right tires for the competition cause you're not allowed to swap.

Good Job Brian, keep it up.

#26 ·
why is everyone so hung up on records, why can't it just be a fast truck, my 11.3 pass and 1004 hp number is nothing but that, a NUMBER, i'm not sure what erics 1/8 was, you didn't answer the previous question, what was your mph in the 1/8

#30 ·
the 6 leakers are hitting 98 mph in the 1/8,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.