Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

08 Leaf Spring Conversion - Anybody Done it?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
Has anybody swapped 08+ springs on to 99-07 trucks? I ran accross this on EBAY today, just wondered if anybody had done it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-2007-F-250-F-350-Superduty-Leaf-Spring-Conversion_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3ca2ec96cfQQitemZ260431451855QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQQsalenotsupported

Has new mounts that move your front leaf spring mounts forward.
If you just moved the front spring mounts forward, wouldnt the axle be too far forward if it was centered on the leaf spring? Since the rear spring mount stays in the same place.

My thinking is, If I could pick up a set of 08 leafs and the spring mounts I need, I could do that and run a 6" OUO Traction Block.

I talked to the guy that had the kit listed on EBAY. I asked him the same thing I asked in the post above. His response was:

No, just think if you welded 8 inches onto the front of your current leaf springs…..the rear shackle and axle center pin remain in exactly the same place, its just that the front eye is moved forward by 8 inches….this actually makes the leaf springs the same length in front and in back of the axle like it should be….the 99-07 design is really a terrible design because of the shorter front section really affects ride quality and limits maximum load….

Like I said, we have them on all of our company 1999-2001 F350 duallies, and it makes a huge difference, both in ride quality and weight carrying capacity, and there were absolutely no issues with regard to axle location, simply removing the existing front hangers and replacing them with ours 8 inches further toward the front is all that’s necessary….

See less See more
#3 ·
Just wondering if anyone had done it and what all is involved. You have any pic of your OUO stuff?

#6 ·
Just heard back from him again, he told me:

We are not going to send you a picture of the mounts for the simple reason that they can be copied……..that is the reason there is no picture of the mounts to begin with in the auction….if you are interested in this kit, you are welcome to do the buy-it-now…….if not, we understand and thanks for your interest…..Scott @ IST

#7 ·
pretty sure its just a copy of the 08 mount just go to the dealer and check out one of the new trucks should give ya an idea of mounting location and what not

#9 ·
yeah I wouldnt spend $1000 doing it, but if I could make it work for a reasonable price, I would do the factory 08 leafs. Then add a set of 6" OUO traction blocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.