Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Making some progress

6K views 60 replies 16 participants last post by  jtharvey 
#1 ·
Finally got to a point to try and start it and it wont. :(
My scanner and the Smarty wont communicate so out comes the ECM and off to Bob for a reflash with the recovery file. Hopefully i can get the rest of the hydralic assist P/S finished this week and get the front clip back on. I really want to get it running and drive it. The lift is on and it is sitting on my 41's. The on board air and tank is all wired and plumbed. The air bag controlls are in, Just waiting on the rear air bags. I ordered my rear drive shaft and I should have a turbo next week along with a new DVD/Nav headunit.

#2 ·
Good to hear. Did the Smarty recognize the ecm or fail the communicate?

#3 ·
Failed to communicate. The ECM is powered up and there is the quick clicking when the key is on but it wont fire. Just cranks.

#5 ·
Pin 13 of the C130 connector has to be 12 volt hot at " start/run " ,Be sure of it as others have been bitten by that.The ticking sound is the FCA and it should tick for 60-90 seconds and stop.
Is the truck manual or auto ? Are your 100% sure of the wiring to the data link connector ? If it's not 100% the Smarty won't talk to the ECM .

#8 ·
Truck is auto. Cranks fine, just wont start. I know the donar motor came out of a auto also. I will double check the ALDL wiring and the #13 to make sure i picked a hot in crank wire.

I will shoot a couple of pictures in the shop today. It is dusty as hell and the front clip is off.

The truck is Mineral Grey and i am keeping it that color. I toyed with a repaint to the Island Blue my F350 is but i decided i really like the Grey.

#10 ·
Well looks like i got some bad info again from Destroked. His wiring diagram shows the SCI recieve (pin 19 @ c2) going to pin 9 on the ALDL not pin 12. I will have to wait to get the ECM back from Bob Wagner with the recovery file loaded to see if i can connect. Just another one of the fun things doing this conversion.
Here are a couple of pictures. The lighting sucks so they are not the best quality.

Attachments

#16 ·
Well i just sold my F350 CC :D So now i can finish the Ex project a little faster since it freed up a little cash. Been thinking about twins and dual CP3's which i was going to wait till this winter to do. Who's running what for twins and CP3's.

#20 ·
Evil Twin Dual Cp3

HTT 62/71/13 SS top charger

Borg Warner S480 primary

I just got Evil Twin parts back in, so they are available if your looking for a kit.

#17 ·
I am running the evil twins (cp3) from Midatlantic diesel or contact Kai

#25 ·
i was going to have it flowed local here to see what the condition was. + it will give it a flush on thier bench ;)
I have a floor-it bag of parts on the engine now and i want to see what that does before i just throw a 2nd pump on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.