Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New Headache rack

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Hammerdown350 
#1 ·
I built another headache rack this week for a guy with a snowplow business. The removable top rack is for a Whelen 9m edge strobe light and if the light is not on he wanted two removable bars for a ladder. It also has a removable center section for the sliding glass window and expanded metal across the back. I am sending this to a local bed liner shop next week for spray. The shop says they can do a very smooth finish in gloss black. All of this was at the customers request. I still have to cap the ends on the strobe rack. What do you guys think.

See less See more
#5 ·
If your talking about the side pieces, they are sheared 6" at the bottom and
4" at the top. Then I bend them to match and weld a 4" wide piece across the top to tie them together.

#6 ·
Do you have a shear? I have been looking at your headache racks and getting my ideas from them! :D Looks good. Does it make it a PITA to see out of the rear window with that expanded in there, is that just #9?

#8 ·
I just put that rack up on the truck this afternoon to send a pic to the guy that I am building it for. I did not even look out the back, but I will now. I dont think it will restrict the view much though.

#9 ·
Put the rack back on and the expanded metal does not restrict the visibility very much.

#11 ·
Hella, mid range double beam work lights.

#13 ·
I still think you should be adding 18" to 24" of steel down the bed rails. If not, if anything hits the headache rack its going to nail the cab right quick.

Otherwise if I were closer I would have you build one for me.

#14 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, the last one has 14" of 2x4 angle coming back on top of the bedrail starting under the rack.

#16 ·
Looks pretty good...I got one off a Haliburton truck this weekend needs painting

#17 ·
looks awesome. That is exactly what I would want for my truck, nice smooth and clean lines, and work good with the removable lumber stops. I would think you could sell a lot of those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.