Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Overboost question

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Groovy Chick 
#1 ·
So i was messing around with my scan gauge yesterday and was looking at the boost feature of the gauge. At WOT the boost climbs to a certain point and then eventually reallys -28.9 psi @ WOT. I dont have any overboost codes though. I think it shows 0 or so on the map psi? I adjusted the overboost regulator just enough so it doesnt set the light. Does the truck only defuel with the CEL or is it defueling currently? The truck still makes 47-48 psi @ WOT.

Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Whos tuning? I know Matt and Bill both extend the MAP and ask that you dont use a boost regulator so it can see real pressure and use it for fueling.

#4 ·
I think its kinda like Big_stroker is thinking. You have to find out whats in the tuning first. Then go from there. Because stock i think its starts defuelling at 24-25 psi, but i also believe it sets the SES light when it does it... So more than likely swamps is doing the same things gearhead, php, dp tuner and so on are doing with the MAP settings. Just my guess though :shrug:

So if Dave doesnt check this, maybe post something up over in swamps section asking if they have something in the tuning so you dont have to run boost regulator to the MAP.

#6 ·
so do you get more power by tuning for the overboost rather than using the OBA?

#7 ·
Our 80HP - 140HP calibrations are programmed to eliminate any Overboost, Injection Control Pressure, or Exhaust Back Pressure diagnostic trouble codes under normal driving conditions.

And kudos to you too, Matt, for fixing the problem instead of masking it! :D

#9 ·
Corey, I gues this means that with my PHP tunes, I can ditch the "boost annihilator" that I used with my old chip?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.