Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

can i put oil in fuel like the 7.3 in my 6.0

4K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  Mdub707 
#1 ·
hey guys i was wondering if i could put oil in my fuel in my 6.0. i used to do it in my 7.3 and it did not harm it in any way. would oil hurt my 6.0 if it were in my fuel?

#2 ·
You can put a small bottle of NEW 2-stroke oil, that'd be about the only thing I'd consider putting into my 6.0 fuel system.

#4 ·
i wouldnt put anything like that in my 6.0 BUT thats just my opinion

#5 ·
Why would you want oil in your fuel??

That has never made sence to me, if your worried about lube put some additives in.

-Matt

#8 ·
Some guys use the 2-stroke oil as an additive for lubricity. I'm sure those who have seen the test that the diesel place did for lubricity additives knows there are better options.

Bio being the best, and Opti-lube XPD being second best.

#12 ·
Why would anyone want to put USED motor oil in their very expensive 6.0 fuel system? I dont get it... there was a reason the oil was taken out of the motor it came from...

#13 ·
Just throw some Marvel Mystery Oil in the tank and throw the bottle in your bed. It'll also turn fuel red....if you get tagged just show em the bottle and tell em that's what did it.

#14 ·
Well I use the used oil in my truck for a alternative fuel and run 5 to 8 gallons at a time but its a 7.3. I mean my friend that has a 04 6.0 runs farm fuel threw his 6.0 and runs fine. Is the 6.0s system that critical that you shouldnt even run just 2 gallons or so in a full tank of fuel.

#21 ·
let's see...I work in storage terminals...where I work on diesel storage tanks. When the trucks are loaded they pull from one tank. On road goes right in...off road gets dye added from a small tank near the loading rack. It all comes from the same tanks....90% of the time. There are still areas where LSD off road is still available instead of ULSD. A quick look at the pump will tell you what's what.
And don't think just because you buy your favorite brand you're getting something different. All brands will load from the same terminals. Chances are Shell diesel is the exact same stuff Pilot or Flying J are selling. I have a pic I'll throw in here later.

#29 ·
Why run the 2 stroke oil? There is better stuff out there... its been proven that the two stroke stuff doesn't even do that much.

The only time I've heard injectors REALLY get quiet, was running on the vegistroke, you can barely hear the motor running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.