Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What next???

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  big_stroker 
#1 ·
I have some extra money and I can't decide what to do next. I have the basics, intake, exhaust, chip, boost fooler. My first thought is injectors, but I want some opinions from those who have went one way and wish they did something else or whatever advice you have. I'm thinking, injectors, turbo, HPOP, or fuel system. I'm thinking if I went with hybrids, I could adjust tuning for stock turbo, oil, and fuel until I got the upgrades to support them. But like I said just looking for opinions.

#2 ·
i would say your on the right track..

#3 ·
IMO Turbo 1st then Injectors or at the same time. My stock turbo didn't last to long after I did injectors.

I would also say ditch the SCT and get a good custom tuned chip. Matt from Gearhead gets my vote. From my understanding the tuning is better and there is more you can do with a chip but I may be wrong.

#4 ·
I would loose the SCT 1st.I used to have a SCT custom tunes which i thought was impressive until i got my DP-TUNER.(night and day difference)Second thing would suggest the turbo.My $.02

#5 ·
heres how I wish I had done it:

Chip
Intake
Exhaust
Turbo
Transmission
Injectors and chip reburn
Studs and Springs
Cummins Swap

I did the trans after the injectos and havn't come up witht eh cash for the turbo yet. as it stands I'm slapping stockers on it every couple months.:doh:

#15 ·
Im in the same position as the original poster, I have a few thousand set aside for the truck. My mods are in my sig.

From what I have been reading and understanding from some of yall's experiences is that I would be better off to go with a 38r before getting some new injectors. With a 38r what other supporting mods would be a must?

Im not really looking into being extremely competitive with my truck, however I would like to have a considerable amount more power with it still being a reliable daily driver.

My next mods were originally going to be some 175cc singles, 1.15 comp housing, ww, and a better fuel system. But Im not rolling in money. Im afraid that If i go with that setup that my turbo would eventually give out, and probably not have the cash to fix it right away, leaving me with my 2 legs to get back and forth to work.

#10 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. Yep got gauges. Luckily the trans was already done when I got the truck, and seems to be a good build with good parts, I did upgrade the cooler though. I've heard the same thing that more can be done on a chip than the SCT, but I've also had tuners tell me that they can do the same thing with both, it just requires knowing the software good enough. So I don't know for sure, but I have driven trucks with all the big name chips and my tunes seem to be just as good, if not better. Keeps up if not beats them racing, so at some point I may think about switching.

Thanks again guys.

#12 ·
The one I've been running most often and seems the best out of what I have tired is Cale at BTS, I'm still waiting on one from Tony with all the kinks worked out to see how it does.

#14 ·
EVERYONE told me this when I got my truck but I never listened and very much regret it. TRANS before ANYthing. it will go out in nooo time with injectors or turbo, even with a chip...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.