Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Start of a Great Project

4K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  Stonepusher 
#1 ·
Hey All,
I am new to the nation, This past weekend I acquired a 2001 Reg Cab 2wd 7.3 F-250. I plan on making this truck a all out race truck, Today Truck Source Diesel installed the gauges,intake, 5" Exhaust, and Their own Chip. All I have to say is WOW, These minor mods really woke this monster up especially the chip. I will try to keep this thread updated with pics and info on the project. :ford:

#2 ·
Hey All,
I am new to the nation, This past weekend I acqauired a 2001 Reg Cab 2wd 7.3 F-250. I plan on making this truck a all out race truck, Today Truck Source Diesel installed the gauges,intake, 5" Exhaust, and Their own Chip. All I have to say is WOW, These minor mods really woke this monster up especially the chip. I will try to keep this thread updated with pics and info on the project. :ford:
Nice:tree:

#6 ·
The plan is make it a short bed, 4 link, not quite sure on Injector and turbo set up yet. I just know I am shooting for 600 hp on fuel only. TSD is gonna come up with a set up for me and then basically I am gonna pay for it. Once the motor goes I may just build another 7.3 or I may put a International DT360 in.

#20 ·
The plan is make it a short bed, 4 link, not quite sure on Injector and turbo set up yet. I just know I am shooting for 600 hp on fuel only. TSD is gonna come up with a set up for me and then basically I am gonna pay for it. Once the motor goes I may just build another 7.3 or I may put a International DT360 in.
Really?

#14 ·
Thanks everyone..... I took a few pics today, but the pics dont really do it justice from what it was 3 days ago. its amazing how a few minor exterior/ interior accessories can change a rig. I will try and get those pics posted tomorrow.

#15 ·
Congrats on the find. That sounds like it is going to be a fun build.

#16 ·
This is what the plan is for the truck, except a different color and paint scheme, And 22X10.5 's in the rear and 20X9"s in the front(BMF Novakanes)
04 F250 3/5 Drop Kit

#18 ·
I bet.... Love the truck man. Maybe you could give me some helpful hints from your experiences?!?!?!?

#22 ·
The big rims will be for Shows and Cruising, when I hit the track the slicks will come out and I will more than likely have a different set for the front for racing.:tree:

#23 ·
Well...... Saturday i will going to pick up and Set of White mirrors off a king ranch, and the complete 05 Front clip(actually off an 07) with a white bumper cap all for $900!!!! hopefully I can get it on this weekend and finally get some pics up.

#27 ·
I have been lookin at them. My Front clip fell through :mad: , I guess I will keep looking for some more.

#29 ·
Well sorry it has taken so long but I took some pics..... I am supposed to pick up the 05 Front clip this weekend but so far this is what I got. Like aggie said... I wish we could have gotten some pics from when I first picked it up. Its amazing how much mirrors, gauges, exhaust, and a different set of stock rims can do. Please take in to cosideration that I bought the truck for $2700!!!! with 190K miles.

#31 ·
Well....I was thinkin about a wrap but I need to shop around because the first guy I talked to gave me a CRAZY qoute....almost $4k and it only last 3 years. The first pic is of the hood, the second is the side of the truck(the number and name won't be there).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.