Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Guage Help Needed

3K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  06powerstroke 
#1 ·
Ok I have looked at literally 100's of threads on guages. I already picked up a color matched 3 guage pod for my 2005 F350. From what I can gather I need to get guages for Trans Temp, Boost, and EGT. I have the XLT package with the black guages panel, so I want guages that match that good. Would love to see pics of your setups to see how they look.

#2 ·
So you are looking for pics of black gauges?

#3 ·
pics would be cool...really just curious what everyone is running and if they like them or not. Also wouldnt mind hearing what guages to stay away from.

#4 ·
Well I have silver, but I will throw it up just for fun! I have Autometer and I love them!

#5 ·
Ok here is my setup:

#6 ·
I have the same setup. Very easy to read at night!

#11 ·
Good point. I wondered about the accuracy of the factory boost guage, but it makes since to have the fuel pressure guage instead.

#13 ·
I have the sport comp II mines not an 05 though.

If you have an 05 with black gauges the sport comp I and the z series will look the best, neither have LED bulbs but they come with just a white bulb that has a green or red cover..the green matches stock perfectly.

If you have and 05 with white face gauges the Phantom I or II will match the best.

here are mine..

#19 ·
I have the sport comp II mines not an 05 though.

If you have an 05 with black gauges the sport comp I and the z series will look the best, neither have LED bulbs but they come with just a white bulb that has a green or red cover..the green matches stock perfectly.

If you have and 05 with white face gauges the Phantom I or II will match the best.

here are mine..

I love the look of those at night!

#23 ·
Ok, looking at the Sport Comp 1's....so the next question:

Full Sweep Electric, Short Sweep Electric, or Mechanical?

#25 ·
Do a majority of people run one over the other as far as short sweep or long sweep?

#31 ·
I prefer full sweep but most trans temps only come in short. So my trans is in short sweep.

#27 ·
Isspro... But I am kinda partal...

#29 ·
I have Autometer Z-Series gauges with black faces, love them, can read them really well at night

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.