Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Tinting outside glass/color tint ????

2K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  UNBROKEN 
#1 ·
If all goes well...I'll have a set of power/heated/signal mirrors in about 2 hours and 56 minutes. LOL
I'm gonna disassemble them to be smoothed and painted and I'd like to tint the glass....probably a light blue like the BMW mirrors are.
Any thoughts on how to do that ?
I don't think plain old colored window tint will work in an outside environment huh ?

#3 ·
LMFAO...nope...I got popped at the last second. LOL
There's a separated pair on there though...trying to just buy those outright.
I've been wanting those for a while...might as well spend the money and have those painted instead of the ones I already have.

#5 ·
Are they the big dumbo mirrors??

Or the cool little sporty mirrors that the most awesome badazz trucks in the world sport???

J/W.

And I think that a good tint might work...

Never seen anything meant for outdoor use though...

The only thing I can think is that it might get scratched over time... But if it's not too difficult, you could just peel, clean, and reapply....

#11 ·
You might be better off dissassembling them and taking the glass down to a glass shop. they might have the same exact type of glass in BMW's that they can cut out for you. All you need is to peal the backing off the mirror and stick new glass on there... then pop them back into the housing.

#13 ·
What kind of mirrors are you putting in? This sounds like an intresting deal here. Keep us updated, what to see what all your doin.

#15 ·
Nothing abnormal...the same style I have now but they have the integrated turn signals in the glass. I'll have to disassemble them to be smoothed and painted so I thought I'd have the glass tinted at the same time.

#21 ·
I think normal tint would work. Hell, inside the truck gets to 120-140* in the summer and being cleaned with glass cleaner the tint lives. Seems 95 outside with rain would be the easy life.

Tint shop should be able to tell you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.