Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Laptop....is this a good deal?

2K views 42 replies 23 participants last post by  william_04_x 
#1 ·
#6 ·
looks like a good deal? never have messed with one though....

#11 ·
Damn...or that price i might go snatch one up myself. My old HP has been on it's last leg for ages I need something cheap that it doesn't matter if it gets screwed up or stolen at one of the many hotels I live in.

#14 ·
e manchines are horrible. Buy a dell if anything

#16 ·
I have pretty much the same laptop for when we travel...I got it last xmas..It's a basic machine..Battery life is short (about 2 hours) compared to our older/larger VAIO..I can't tell a difference between the two when web surfing or running basic apps..I have a ton of pics and vids on mine..

I can't really comment on reliability or durability..Mine might get turned on once a week..

I would get a desktop for the house(wife) Garrett and this as a second comp..I got mine for the same reasons as Richard, and it's worked out great..I don't need much and it's hard to beat for the price..

#18 ·
My wife uses a MacBook Pro, mine is a regular MacBook.
Simple to use, even for a computard like me.
Only complaint I have is the keyboard isn't lighted on mine.

Worth every penny.

#20 ·
I have slowly but surely developed a deep, resounding hatred for Apple over the past couple years or so that my wife has had her little Mac book.

I honestly think Mac owners who are happy and content are on rock. Or they honestly don't expect much from a 1000+ dollar computer. My PC was, oh, about 510 dollars brand new with XP pro on it.

It will open any file you wish in around half the time, and open them with a 99.9% or better success rate. (We won't even mention the fact that the Apple CAN'T open certain files that the entire rest of the WORLD uses without some around your ass download marathon bs that only works 10% of the time...)

Do you people realize that if you let the screen close the pos turns off, EVERY time. It has to. It's such a pos that if the screen is closed it will overheat so it MUST turn off when the screen is closed. If that doesn't seem like a big deal, try it for a while. Besides, anyone that owns one can testify that they run ice cold as long as the screen is up and it's not turning itself off :rolleyes:

Sorry, my "ill-informed" rant is over now. Mac owners band together and keep telling yourselves you don't own an overpriced pos. The rest of us will just keep getting sh*t DONE while you are busy for 30 minutes showing us a "better" way to do something thing we already did 20 times, over 20 minutes ago...

:smirk:

#23 ·
Its not a bad price for what it looks like you are getting.

BUT... eMachines are known for using junk parts. In my professional option go with a Toshiba. Being in the IT industry I have worked on or had every time of computer you can imagine and Toshiba is the best laptop I have came across.

Oh and Mac's suck balls.

#24 ·
Get a Dell, get on their website and go through their refurbished machines. I love mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.