Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

4x4 launch woes.

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  helvis 
#1 ·
I think I have no limited slip diffs.

I do one wheel peels and in a 4x4 launch its nothing to break the tires loose.

so I am guessing thats the case.

should I start looking for lockers? :(

#2 ·
One thing you can start by doning is letting some air out of your tires when you are going to be racing and doing 4X4 launches. I do not have limited slip in my truck and I have gotten a 1.8 60' when launching at the track. I know I have more in mine also.

#4 ·
??? Get dualls.

#6 ·
I can stand on the break and the throttle and no tire spin in 4x4 but that is with 35's, so maybe if you have stock size tires some bigger ones might help. In 2wd I can spin them without boosting so I would think you have a choice of locker or more tire touching the ground.

#7 ·
You need to look at the numbers on the rear and let us know if it is a limited slip rear end or not. From what I know i thought all front axles where a limited slip kinda deal in these trucks but I could be wrong.

#8 ·
the only probs ive had was i snapped the drivers front axl doing 4wd launches,(thanks to dj for fixing that):bowfast: and also at some point i upgraded my rear end to a dana true trac, never have a prob there, so far.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.