Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

need help finding the right injector for the OBS Stroker

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  PSDfan99 
#1 ·
ok, my oil pan on my 95 stroker rusted through and its time to pull the old motor and drop in another on. ive got a 95 powerstroke engine with 158k miles on it. i wanna put injectors in it before it goes into the truck. heres my ideas:

Swamps 175/30% single shot injectors (94-97 NON California vehicles)

Swamps hybrids 200/30% Injectors, (Hot Street)

DIY Rosewood stage ll's

i would like to get the truck evenually up to around 400 rwhp. im runnin tw tunes now and i would plan on sending it back and have it set up for which ever i end up with. ive got a back up stock turbo so i wanna avoid upgrading that yet. ( will happen evenually). im leaning toward the swamps hybrids. if i understand corretly, i can tune them down with my chip but when i put it on extreme they can put out some fuel. and i can run them on stock 15 hpop. im tryin to keep the money down.

any advice would be nice. i really wish i had the money to go all out with pumps, turbos, rods, and intercooler but its just not there!!:(

See less See more
#2 ·
Join the club with the money issues. DIY injectors will be the cheapest and should get you to 400hp.

#5 ·
Your injectors will make more power with an upgraded HPOP you are not going to hit 400hp without one (at least not likely.) Stock turbo and I am certain you will not hit 400hp. I am still running stock HPOP with injectors in sig. At wot at about 75-80mph my cel light will go on. No the truck does not fall on its face but it definitly is not getting all of the fuel it can and therfore the power.

#6 ·
well if i go with the diy 160cc stage 2's i will be able to come up with more money to put into other things. what should i worry about turbo or hpop. and wat kind of each???? thanks

#7 ·
ok so im thinkin rosewood diy injectors stage ll's with a d66 turbo. do you think that will get me in the 400hp range

#8 ·
IMO, that would get you about 385-ish, from what I have seen on our local dyno.
Now, others may say that will get you 400 - 425, on their dyno, so saying you will get 400 hp for sure is near impossible.
But you'd be in the ball park anyway.

HPOP, you'll have to at least upgrade to a Super Duty pump.
And definitely need a larger turbo than stock with any of the injectors you mentioned.

#10 ·
You gotta get the hybrids, there is just no comparison between stage 2's and hybrids. I had DIY stage 2's (160cc 80% nozzle) for over a year and loved them. Great prices from Jim and he's a heck of a guy to work/ talk with when you have questions or problems. I dyno'd 390hp with a d66 turbo, dp-tuner, 15* hpop, stock fuel system. The power got old for me though with the 2's and I stepped up to hybrids.... which was a great improvement in performance. I now run 230cc hybrids with the 80% nozzle.
I wasted a bunch of money though fooling around with injectors that I "thought" I was going to be satisfied with originally. If I was smart and took the advise of others, I would have gone right to hybrids and been done with it and also saved the money it cost me to buy 8 plungers and barrels to make mine into hybrids, with was almost $750! BTW, my truck gets the best fuel mileage with hybrids it has ever gotten, even better than with stock injectors. A trip I took a few weeks ago I got 18.1 mpg while cruising at 70-85mph the entire time from Massachusetts to Maine. I was very impressed. Stage 2's MIGHT get you to your power goal if you have enough other mods to help make the power. Hybrids WILL get you there, and when you decide you want more power, the hybrids will be the injector you'll want to have to get you to your next power goal.

#11 ·
now if i were to go with the Swamps hybrids 200/30% Injectors, (Hot Street) , could i run around with a stock turbo for a little bit (since i got 2 of them). so i can wait till i got more money to buy a d66?

#12 ·
Yea you can. In fact, I've been running the stock turbo on my truck for over a month and its absolutely fine. The only thing that stinks about the stock turbo is that the truck has less power and higher EGT's than running a bigger turbo. It's not like the truck "won't run" or something if you have a stock turbo on there, it'll just be more fun with a bigger one.

#14 ·
Why are you limiting yourself to a 200/30% Hybrid? Just curious.

IMHO... the 238/80% is a better combination because with the correct tuning you will still get the same great performance of the 200/30%, but you will have more fuel on tap when you are ready to do more mods... (turbo, fuel system, etc.)

I don't understand why people limit the fuel quantity in the injector. If the tuning is done properly, you can achieve the same thing without limiting yourself.

You could have a set of 800cc injectors that will still act the same as 98cc injectors if you do the tuning properly and then you would have plenty of fuel on tap for other modifications when the time is right.

Do the injectors ONCE! Tuning is a hell of a lot cheaper...

#16 ·
money is whats limiting me:doh:. i would love to be able to buy the biggest ones i can but i dont have the money. i really dont plan on going over 400-450 hp because i can afford to do any extreme bottom end work.

#19 ·
Not to take over this thread, but I'm in the same boat as RNRacing. I come on this site all the time and read all the posts about injectors and turbos and it seems like the more I read the more lost I get. I too am trying to get up in the 450ish range on hp. I can probably swing about $6,000 by the end of the summer for a clutch, injectors, turbo ect. I've already got the gauges, intercooler diy intake and 3'' downpipe installed. But like I said before now what do I do ? There are so many combos to choose from that it leaves me baffled. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#20 ·
Here is a rock solid parts list for 450-500rwhp:

Hybrid injectors, somewhere in the 200-250cc range.
Upgraded turbo, such as H2E, GTP38R, and maybe a D66.
Regulated return fuel system and maybe a pump upgrade.
Upgrade from a 15* to a 17* HPOP if you have a weak 15*.
Custom programmed chip, Swamps Diesel, Diesel Innovations, PHP, Tony Wildman, BTS, Matt @ Gearhead, etc etc.
Intake
Exhaust
Headstuds for reliability
Valvesprings/ pushrods for reliability.
Built tranny for an auto/ good clutch for a stick.

450-500hp doesn't come cheap or easy with these trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.