Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Boost?

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  aggie 
#1 ·
How much boost is to much on a stock turbo with TSD tunes iam runnin about 35 is that good or bad thanks

#3 ·
:whs: But i wouldn't go over 35.More boost doesn't always equall hp.

#8 ·
:whs:

#4 ·
thanks i just got my cobalts today and wasnt seeing high boost so i gave it a little gas and it climbed right up but iam very easy on the truck so but i noticed my truck surges alot

#5 ·
Get an ATS housing or a whicked wheel.Preferbably the housing,but it does cost more.

#7 ·
iam getting a 38r in about a month so i think that will help but chris at TSD is working on a compund set-up so i will have one of ther chargers already

#9 ·
Then don't post about surge then.:mad:

#14 ·
Hell ya Steve.new turbo!:redspotdance::redspotdance:

#18 ·
LOL yup iam runnin 35s so its ok but iam still waiting for my tranny to go but i hope it stays strong

#20 ·
Do the valvebody first.

#21 ·
surging on a stock turbo is almost iminent. It is possible on a 38r but with correct tuning its typically not an issue. There is always the 1.15 ar upgrade for the 38r once you step up to the hybrids and that helps as well.

With compounds and wastegates on both stages, this will all be tuned out. I typically dont recommend putting much more than a ww in a stock turbo, as they are a weak design when pushed much beyond stock. The ww helps and is good for the money, but i dont see spending a bunch of money on the stock unit if it ultimately wont provide the airflow you need anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.