Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Air Dog II DF-165 Installed!!!

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  onebadf150 
#1 ·
Alright, so I went to Loudon, TN today to get the Air Dog put on. This is the new adjustable Air Dog II DF-165 pump. The install pictures will be up shortly when John gets them up. The install took no time at all. I wanna thank John and uga33 for the help(they did 99% of the work). The pump works great. I know that no one likes to go by the lie-o-meter for accuracy, but I left Loudon, TN and headed south to Atlanta, GA at 17.2 mpg according to the dash. When I pulled into the driveway it said 18.0 mpg. This was running anywhere from 60-95 mph on the interstate. Therefore it shows a decent improvement in economy. I doubt that I will see any power gains, but I am going to be putting it on the dyno tomorrow morning to see if there is anyway. I will keep everyone posted the first few weeks I have it on so that everyone knows how it is. Thanks again to John Cobb and uga33!!!

#7 ·
I dont know if 08 strokers and my pumps are that similar but i dont even remember i have one most of the time unless the key is on and the engine is not running, pretty sweet, i can hear a little air in mine when im about 1/8th of a tank or less but thats it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.