Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

9/32" - 4 point socket ????? HELP

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  farm boy 
#1 ·
My innerweb skills have failed me. I have been on the hunt for a 9/32", 4 point socket to pull the test port plugs on my 7.3L so I can install a new fuel system. I cannot locate one. I even tried to have Fastenal locate me one but no luck. If anyone knows where to find one, please let me know. If you have one you will sell me (be gentle) ill buy it from you. I found one on ebay a while back but shipping was twice the price and im not about to do that.

David Lott: I did a search and someone said that your kit comes with the socket. If so, will you sell me just the socket? Thanks

#2 ·
Sears. I got one for like 5 bucks.

#3 ·
Thanks. I didn't find it on their website. Ill have to go see if they have one in-store then.

#6 ·
Do you sell a fitting for those ports? Or are most just drilling and taping them?

#7 ·
Check pawn shops. If you can find a 7mm. I think it is the same size. I have gotten square plugs out by pounding a cheapo throw away socket on them.

#8 ·
Check pawn shops. If you can find a 7mm. I think it is the same size. I have gotten square plugs out by pounding a cheapo throw away socket on them.
:whs:

Actually, I believe the correct size tool may be a 7mm (socket or wrench), since every thing else is friggin' metric...:doh:

#12 ·
Probably, but ive never taken one of these out on an engine. I dont want to take a chance on rounding it off and never getting it out. Anyways, the truck isn't torn down yet or anything, im just trying to collect all the right parts and hardware needed before I tear it down.
Thanks for everyone's help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.