Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

engine shuts off sparactically

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Hyde 
#1 ·
just yesterday while i was going to a friends house riding at about 45mph consistently my truck all the sudden screamed to WOT for a second then it lugged and shut off. started it up again did it again afterr a 2 miles or so. then i some how made it to my house knowing when my tanks get a little low it gets air in the line so both tanks filled it does it again but stays running and i get home and bleed the fuel lines. go for a drive ended up getting stuck on a hill got it flat bed home started righhtup after getting on flat land but will chug every so often, can anyone tell me what going on? thanx in advance

#3 ·
I've seen'em surge hard for a second but never WOT. I'd say that the air wasn't well mixed, meaning it's closer to the pump. This is the most obvious but check your return lines. That is usually the cause for heavy surge.

#8 ·
Sounds like air in the lines, I had the same symptoms with water in the fuel though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.