Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Track arm bolt size?

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Betaracer 
#1 ·
Dose anyone know where to get a track arm nut and bolt, or know the size? I went to Ford and they had nothing.

#9 ·
Ford dealer dosen't know the size, but they're willing to sell me a box of 5 ($96).... REALLY?! FIVE! cause I need to replace them for 2 1/2 track arms? A few weeks ago they told me they couldn't even get them, and I need to go to some place that dose alignments. I asked him "dont you do alignments?" I don't think he liked that much. such as life. Now the story has changed, now they have boxes of 5.

I really don't like this dealer. When I was looking for '08-'09 tow mirrors I did a price check @ the dealer with part# they told me $250 ea. I found a set online for $500 a set plus shipping. I figured tax would be cheeper than shipping so I went back to the dealer 3 days later and they were $600 ea. WHAT GIVES! At this point I would rather have something custom made before buying it from Ford.

#10 ·
When I took my lift kit off, I noticed my track arm bolt had a lot of wear on it (when I took my drop bracket off). I was in a pinch and the Ford dealer wasn't open that late at night. I ended up running into town and went to Tractor Supply and found grade 8 bolt that was a perfect match and bought a matching lock washer and nut. Torqued it to around 200+ ft/lbs or as high as my torque wrench would go.

(yes I know its not perfect cause one is metric and the other is standard)

I haven't touched it since. I haven't given it much thought because it was definately a tighter fit than my worn out factory bolt. I don't remember what size it was though but it will save you about 90 bucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.