Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

7.3 intake ?s

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  389SixPack 
#1 ·
at what point psi wise do you need aluminum intakes? like 45 psi or more or what? thanx guys.

#2 ·
personally i dont see the point in the aluminum intakes, other than solving the collapsing of the stockers due to over-tightening. i rolled beads in mine and they are holding up to 43psi with no issues for about a year now. let me know if you are interested in what it takes to have a bead rolled in the stockers.

oh and...:ford:

#4 ·
personally i dont see the point in the aluminum intakes, other than solving the collapsing of the stockers due to over-tightening. i rolled beads in mine and they are holding up to 43psi with no issues for about a year now. let me know if you are interested in what it takes to have a bead rolled in the stockers.

oh and...:ford:
In that boat right now!!!! :doh:

#3 ·
There is no point to which there required... If I have time I might make a set out of steel, just because I am sick of the stockers collapsing...

#8 ·
With the way the intake plenums are in the heads, you don't need them. But as was previously mentioned, clamping force on the stockers with good clamps is a problem.

Having a little more bling on the motor never hurts, except you don't get to see much of them. :doh:

Dave

#9 ·
I was having the same problems with my 2" intakes, so I went to the exhaust shop and got 1 7/8's exhaust pipe and tack welded to the inside of the intakes. So no I have t-bolt clamps on them and nice silicone boots and they haven't moved yet. I plan on getting the 3" ones so time in the future, but for now it is working quite nicely!

#11 ·
its a little nicer than the HF bead roller, but yeah same idea. i'll roll a bead in the spares i have and take some pics. i can do them for you guys that dont want to go the aluminum route.

#12 ·
Would there be any issue with making your own out of steel? Reason being is I can weld the steel, can't the Al right now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.