Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Mounting a T4 S400 to a Hypermax kit.

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  mech2161 
#1 ·
I've tried to get someone to bring this in kit form to the members. I guess it wasn't a good idea. I have nothing in this fight anymore so here it is.

This picture shows the assembled pieces. The placement of the holes made it tough to do as one piece. The exhaust base mounts from the bottom through the base plate. I used two one inch pieces and one half inch piece of steel plate.
After cutting the plates I drilled, counter sunk and mounted the first 1" piece to the exhaust mount.
The second 1" piece is drilled and threaded with the same pattern as the base plate. The 1/2" piece is drilled through. These two are bolted to the base.
Mount the base to the engine. Stack the exhaust mount on top and align it to the exhaust. With it in place, tack weld the two 1" pieces together. You can remove the whole unit and remove the base.
In an opposite pattern drill through from the bottom into the top 1" piece. Thread the top and counter sink the bottom.
This makes it possible to use the existing down pipe, oil feed and drain line. The only thing you will need to make are new up pipes.

This is the first one inch piece bolted to the exhaust base. You can see the counter sunk bolts and threaded holes for the second one inch piece.

Here is the second one inch piece bolted to the first. The threaded holes will be used to mount the assembly to the flat base plate with the half inch piece sandwiched in between.

Here's a better picture of the stack.

The two 1" pieces.

This is the oil drain that came in my kit and was reused. I don't have a picture of the oil feed. It was also reused. You can also see the 1/2" piece.

I purchased the T4 exhaust mount from Hypermax, it is expensive. You can either slot the holes on your turbo or redrill the mount and move the mounting studs.

See less See more
#4 ·
If you do I would hope they would build them with Bellows...:poke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.