Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Nor Cal...Summer Fun!?

21K views 492 replies 18 participants last post by  motoxracer42 
#1 ·
Ok well some of us were talking and we wanna get another meet and greet going, but lets have some real fun this time!

So we came up with some options but if ya'll have any other ideas then chime in.

So we were thinking a camping trip, a day at the lake, I think I heard the rubicon.... any ideas or anybody have any .02? We could do a fishin trip or go climb on Grant's houseboat :poke:

#8 ·
Ok well I have one free weekend in july.... The 18th and 19th! Let's get this going!! Where are some good places to go camping??

#19 ·
well i have a cabover and a gooseneck camp trailer, but i would rather go up to an awesome little spot in the high lakes. its up above paradise a little ways, its called spring valley lake. you can get to it in a stock truck, but its definately not trailer friendly. there is a parking lot at the "T" for trailers when we tow our wheelers up. there is a little rock crawling for those that want to do that. there is fishing at spring valley and philbrook (which is a planted pg&e lake) there is also an old mine you can cruise up to and check out.

#21 ·
heres a link. in the last few years they have been doing trail maintenance and setting up designated camp sites.

http://www.friendsofthehighlakes.com/lakes.shtml

you can also find it on google maps by searching for "spring valley lake, Butte, California 95954"

#23 ·
So whose bringing the guns when the bears attack.....?:eek:

#24 ·
i'll prolly be able to come hang out with yall if you dont mind...I can bring some food

#30 ·
ya'll will probably hate me but I'm probably gonna bring the jeep. I don't want to worry about more scratches on the truck or breaking anything since I have a big pull the end of July

#37 ·
Are we gonna do it spouse/other half-less??

I'm gonna come right out and say it...when it comes to wild animals I'm a ginormous vag. Someone better bring their guns!

#38 ·
i rarely ever see any animals up there, other than an occasional squirrel and maybe a deer or two. i have never seen a bear or cougar up there. not to say they arent around. we could probably find a place to shoot but it would be a little ways away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.