Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

twin stealth pumps

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  farmboy8201 
#1 ·
i got the old stealth twin hpop set up and was told that they are just 2 stock pumps put together, is this true, i didnt know if anyone runs these anymore, and if so, how big of injectors they are running, i got 455's and want to make sure that is enough oil..thanks

#3 ·
are they the 17* pumps?? does anyone know how big of an injector these are capable of flowing? thanks

#4 ·
You should probably get ahold of somebody that can tell you if you have a stage 2 or 3 setup. Unless you already know which one you have. I believe that the stage 2 is good up to about 400's. But could be wrong. Check with a site sponsor that is a dealer. Good Luck.

#5 ·
He's talking about the original Stealth twin-pump setup, not the new Stealth pump (which comes in "stages").

are they the 17* pumps?? does anyone know how big of an injector these are capable of flowing? thanks
If the pumps are good, i.e. not worn out, it will probably handle just about any injector you want to run. You will have to determine what pumps are on it (15° or 17°), as I think they came with both.

Get ahold of Bean (http://beansdieselperformance.com/contact.htm) or Stecher Performance (he makes the Stealth pump) (http://www.stecherperformance.com/NewSPD/SPD_Contacts.html) and ask them.

#8 ·
Yes, the metel cover plate held on with the internal snap ring will have a hump on it if it is a 17* and will be flat if it is a 15*.

#9 ·
ok, that is what i was thinking, isnt it possible to have a remain 17* pump w/o a hump on it??

#11 ·
yeah, your best bet is to pull the rear cover and look for a bushing or a bearing. i believe the 17's have a bushing, but im not positive.

#12 ·
As 3Star said, it probably wouldn't matter. I know if someone bought the DIY kit, they may use their 15* pump if it was for an OBS or early 99. If someone bought one that Gary built without their old pump being sent in. I seriously doubt he did any 15* pumps.
I wouldn't even pull them apart to check IMHO.
The odds of you having TWO 15* pumps are probably NIL.

If you have ONE 15* pump, there are SEVERAL running those on trucks with absolutely NO issues whatsoever.

Good luck! And enjoy that setup.

#13 ·
You should be OK. The important part of the question that you left out is the speed of the injectors your are talking about. Faster injectors require more oil volume. I'll do you a favor and crunch those numbers for you later on tonight when I get home since I am working with the flow data from similar injectors that you are talking about. :D It helps when I was talking to the guy last night and he mentioned that you were talking about getting a set. ;)

Jason

#19 ·
thanks jason, that would be great, and yes i should have mentioned that, but nate is building me a set as we speak...

#18 ·
thanks for all the help guys, i found out that they are 2 17* pumps...thank you for your help

#21 ·
thanks alot for running the numbers for me!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.