Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

500HP 7.3 daily drivers

59K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  mcnance865 
#1 ·
How many are out there? This does not count trailer queens or other dedicated competition trucks. This is your transportation at least 50% of the time.

If so what are all of your mods and how long has it been running at that level?

#5 ·
I drove my truck almost all winter and most of last summer, with standard hybrids and .012 nozzles. a modded H2E, fuel system, intercooler, studs, wildman tunes, and a couple other odds and ends. I never had it dynoed but it should have been around 500 I'd think. I never had any trouble with it while driveing it on the street.
it is no longer a daily driver though.

#8 ·
Usually drive my OBS couple times a week. Was driving it everyday up until several months ago. But it has the ability to drive everyday if you want to. Hadnt dynoed the new setup yet, old setup put down 538. 66/76 H2E, Stock 238 Hybrids w/ 100% nozzles,,studs, fuel system, 6.0 IC, Tony's tuning and a 17* pump was the way it was.

#11 ·
507 HP and i drive it everyday, about 10 K miles since all the mods, only have pulled about 10 K with it and towed like a champ, did a lane change to pass a car and buried the speedo pass a 100 pretty quick draging that weight one time.

Everthing is DI Performance!!!

#12 ·
Mine is a daily driver and I uses it. Just pulled my uncles 5th wheel home with it last night about 30 miles.

But I only have about 5k on it since the build.

#13 ·
Our OBS 7.3 single turbo was right at 500 hp on fuel only for a long time. We used it to pull our 5th wheel, run around town, sometimes for work, and then drag race.
It was great to pull up at Bandimere, soccer balls and rollerblades falling out, old broom in the bed, me and our three kids get out, Alan goes down on the track and cranks it out. Loved it. :D

At least it was great until it went kerplunk. Now it has a CR, :( so it actually sits a lot. ;)
In fact, it will be my 7.3 Excursion doing the real work of pulling a Cummins to Arkansas later on today, while the CR sits at home in the garage. :evil

#16 ·
I ran between 480 and 540 every day of the week and towed heavy a few times a month for about 3 years. It never did have a bottom end failure, but it did crack a piston all the way through. I ran the 38R as a single with way too much fuel for way too long.

#19 ·
Dynoed less (436/ 1180 @2000 rpm then downhill from there), but pretty sure its well above 500 fuel only.
340cc hybrids, modded H2E 71/19cm, gen3, aeromotive big honkin pump, sump in tank--3/4 line to filters--5/8 to itp reg return, DI headers, 3.5 downpipe, 4" exhaust out the back, .030 over bottom end studded and girdled, balanced, crowers, cometics, Swamps tuning, and BTS backin it up.

Hits 50 psi boost on my DD tuning, and who knows on the drag3b?? I usually watch where I'm going at that point.

Dyno numbers were with different tuning, and a failing fuel pump/ stock lines, and very little fuel pressure at WOT.
bout 12,000 miles on new engine. Numerous truck pulls, drag strip bout ten or twelve passes. WOT every day!

ALl that is fixed now.:doh:

True daily driver, to work and back every day. A trailer queen is useless to me. No fun if I cant use it. Cruise town every now and then and abuse mustangs and stuff like that.

#20 ·
Sounds like the dyno read about 250hp low lol. Sweet list of mods!

#21 ·
I have over 500 HP and my setup has about 10K on it most of that was towing something.

#26 ·
Orange truck was, new truck I'm 99.999% sure is. :D

#27 ·
I know I don't make 500 yet but I will soon. ~360cc's, BTS pumps and a 38r to spool something larger (eventually). Got a heck of a pissing contest started between my husband and myself. As of late, I still can't hang with the mighty Cummins.
Compounds would put me well over 500 but still short of the hubby's truck.

Jack (SledYanker) makes 500+ and drives his truck every night, has almost 100,000 on the build. His brother, Jet, drove one with over 600 for some time and if I remember right put a few hundred thousand miles on one at that power level. A couple, actually.

#29 ·
Still get about 15-18 depending on gearing/tire size and how hard you use the pedal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.