Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New Headlights

4K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  02BigD 
#1 ·
Well I am getting ready to update the front end of my truck with an 05 chrome grill and new headlights. What do ya'll think about these headlight. Buddy of mine can get them at a really cheap cost. Think I might try them to see and if I don't like them try something different.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I like those. I think they will match the look of your truck very well.

#4 ·
Do you have a front bumper yet :poke::poke:LOLLOLLOL

J/K just noticed I haven't seen any updated pics of the truck.

All I can do is try and see what it looks like. Buddy of mine is a dealer for a company that sell alot of the aftermarket led stuff. Headlight, Taillights and 3rd brake light. Getting one of them also.

#5 ·
Those look good!! I'd diffenetly try them!

#8 ·
Read this before you install inferior 05 and up headlights! http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33091

Get 02-04 housings and a set of Hella 80/100w 4k Kelvin lights..my harness and you will have great lights! We also have upgraded bulbs for the fogs..70% as bright as hids..cost way less.

If you would like prices or additional info please email or PM me with your needs, info on your truck and zip.

I am a Dealer for: Garret turbos! Casserly Injectors! Icon Vehicle Dynamics, Rize,Carli,RCD, Full Traction, Pure Performance suspension, Bilstein,RS-SD kits for OBS trucks, BTS Trans, John Woods trans, STak transfer cases, Deaver spring, Tony Wildman chips,Stealth HPOP's, Tymar products and a Hella dealer among many others.
Custom SCT tunes by Cale at BTS!

If I can help you with your truck please let me know.

I also carry: Iron Bull bumpers,Proto Fab and custom bumpers and offroad specality products for Full size trucks,
Bronco's, Jeep or Toyota's!

Cary

#10 ·
Whelp, you asked for my opinion. Honestly bro, I think this is one of those occasions where "more is less"... If anything is very "euro", it probably doesn't belong on a truck. Except those door sills. They're just AWESOME!

See if your buddy can get regular style lights.

#12 ·
He is bringing me his catalog in a little bit and we are going to sit and have some beers and hold the book up to the truck and check things out.

#11 ·
But those headlights are for 99-04 trucks.

So I should be ok right? I'm not upgrading to 05 lights.

I see were you are coming from though if I don't go with those lights and move to the 05 lights to call you about the harness you have. Thanks will keep you in mind

#13 ·
OEM or none... myself and 3 others who had them at the last meet all agree'd that they were sub-par.

Get OEM head lights if you're going to swap. I think they look good on platinums.

#14 ·
Marty you have one piece 05 correct. Hard to see in that pic.

#17 ·
I had the OEM 06 clear heeadlights that were busted out. They were replaced by the insurance company with aftermarket and they suck.

#18 ·
Think I am going to start with the grill and cab lights for now. Have a buddy that will have some LED cab light in tomorrow and will install them for $100 that is including the complete wiring harness also.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Marty that avatar is freakin awesome. :D :D

#19 ·
OK just to give ya'll an idea of what I am working with here are some pics of the front end of the truck. Pics taken with my phone.

Attachments

#20 ·
Yup it needs a 05 front end......Badly needs it.

#21 ·
That's what I'm stress'n think an 05 grill would do wonders though.

#22 ·
It would look way better, I would not hesitate to do it.

#24 ·
Yeah the bumper need to be repainted. As long as I can keep people from hitting them and scratching them bumpers up.

Had a guy at work hit the front bumper twice with the fork lift. :doh: Luckly just yellow paint on the bumper and not the truck.

#28 ·
That is what I keep saying. I have found another Platinum Edition truck around here that is willing to trade his stock bumper for my aftermarket. I would have to have some cash on top of that.

Wife put her foot down and said "NO" I just have to keep working on her.

#34 ·
I had a shop take the visor off for my but the did a chitty job because it is starting to rust were they filled in the holes. Looking at putting cab lights on so I will wait to see were those go and then fix the area from there.

#35 ·
Like the truck man, but stocker headlights would be the best IMO

#36 ·
Think after looking and thinking about it I am going to just go with OEM 05 headlights.

PM sent

#37 ·
Here is before picture now I am just waiting on the grill to show up.

#39 ·
That is true but what are you going to do. Sure I could drop my track times if I take those sled weights off. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.