Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

9008 (H13) wiring upgrade

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Stroker67 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any success with an aftermarket headlight wiring harness upgrade? I have tried several, DFuser being the latest and they all are chinese made crap! I upgraded my headlight capsules to LUKS, STOCK wattage and the pigtail sockets just keep melting, most notably on the passenger side! The latest kit even runs the power straight from the battery through 2 seperate relays and wires that are 3 times bigger than stock. I live WAY out in the country and need lights that are brighter than the stock ones. Should I just bight the bullet and lay out the cashola for a good true HID kit? Does anyone know of a good HID conversion? Any help?

#6 ·
:whs: Retro-Solutions all the way!!!!

#3 ·
This is the truth..The H13 is quite possibly the stupidest design for a bulb ever foisted on the public. The terminals are so small that they overheat, even at stock wattages, and melt the plastic housing of the connectors. Higher than stock wattage bulbs are offered, but not recommended and we accept no responsibility for their use.
No harness will make the problem of the terminals better.
Anyone that tries to use better -higher wattage bulbs be warned! Guys doing so called upgrade kits to their 04 and earlier trucks ..your going back-wards when it comes to lighting.
Hid upgrades ..except for the light scatter and legality problems are only options till someone makes a better housing that can use Hids...properly focused or one that can use 9007 bulbs.

Cary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.