Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Biggest Tires on 6.5" of lift

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  panteramatt 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
currently i'm running 6.5" of lift with 325/65r18's (34.6") and they look pretty small on the truck, i'll be needing new tires in the spring so I want to go bigger.
Usually I see 37's on anything smaller then 8" of lift but I would like to run 38x15.5's...anyone done this on 6.5" of lift without cutting much?

#2 ·
Id say 38's would fit fine. 37's for sure.
P.S. it is spring. LOL Well, it is here at least.

#4 ·
Bren with 6.5, 38's arent going to fit to well. My 37's rubbed the back fender and at full turn. I'm at 9.5 with 38's and they fit perfect. I would say just get yourself 2 inch hangers, and a block in the rear then go 38's.

#6 ·
I had 37x13.50x17 Toyo M/T's on mine when I had a 6.5" ProComp. They never scrubbed except on the leafs at full turns, but I think if I would have had closer to 3.75" backspacing that I would have been fine. I had 4.5" backspacing. I had 35's on it when I first got the truck with 6.5", and I agree that they were WAY too small.

Now I'm running the same tires on a 4" lift, and it still scrubs the springs, but now it will hit the back inner fender a little if I am turning and hit a bump, such as turning into a parking lot from the street. It still isn't scrubbing too badly, though.

#7 ·
Bren, you could try something like I did, but you'll need an adjustable trac bar. I have a 6.5" spring with a 2.5" mini spring pack leveling kit. Gave my plenty of room for my 38x15.50's... They rub on the springs though. That's a given with any tire that tall or wide though... Unless you get some type of crazy backspacing....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.