Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What Do Ya'll Think?

3K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  RedSmokey 
#1 ·

Everything actually looks a good bit better than this in real life... I couldn't catch the gloss on camera.

Do ya'll think I should clearcoat everything??? I kinda like the flatter look of the badges. I'll have installed pics soon.

See less See more
#5 ·
What did you do with the emblem on the door or did you you just keep that off... I say if you keep those on you should paint the superduty and the powerstroke part red and clear it...But I think you should clear them like smokin said....Anyways looks good.

#6 ·
Quit worrying about the damn badges and get some towing mirrors! Real friends dont let friends drive SD's with Flag Mirrors LOL. I think it would look good jap, but yea you need to clear em.

#13 ·
I'm not getting tow mirrors unless I buy a trailer big enough to need them.

My "nemo fins" are getting smoothed and painted next.
now whos the copy cat?!?!?
See your thread. I did the badges months ago! Little Boy Blue!

What did you paint the emblems with?
Duplicolor I think... it's the "factory paint match" stuff at AZ... I just got a generic black...

probably paint...just a guess though ;)
Ding ding ding!
Need to be clear or in a couple of months you won't be happy.

Get some big boy mirrors

Still haven't answered me on if you have even got a bumper now. :poke:
I'm gonna clear them!

No big mirrors!

I'll have the answer to your last question soon.

I recommend Plastikote Classic Laquer to clear coat with I used enamel clear on my third brake light and classic laquer on the tails the tails are still good a year later and the third brake light was cracked and yellowed.
Cool! Thanks for the suggestion! Anyone else think there's a better rattle can clear???

Here's the pic of them on....

I DEFINATELY want a black roll-pan now!!!!

#12 ·
I recommend Plastikote Classic Laquer to clear coat with I used enamel clear on my third brake light and classic laquer on the tails the tails are still good a year later and the third brake light was cracked and yellowed.

#20 ·
How much do you want for it? I'm supposed to be getting an 05 bumper, but I don't know when... STC is coming up and I was just gonna borrow one off of my mom of stepdad's truck if I didn't have an 05 yet. Depends on when my stepdad pays me for the bumper I sold him...

#29 ·
Tell ya what the truck looks good even if it doesn't have a front bumper. Looks mean being blacked out. There is a guy here in Willis with a ton of 99-04 stuff for sale cheap if you are looking for anything also. Saw that he had a black front bumper for sale.

Just to let you know. bud

#32 ·
I have a "special" one... that's it at the top of the window. Mikey forgot to send the other ones with my windshield banner.

I'll have a few of the regular sized ones soon. I want one in the back, and two for the side windows. Then the windshield banner.

#37 ·
Got to take it one step at a time. I want my parts now but have to wait. Of course waiting like this gives me time to look and change other things. LOL

Guess I could start sanding and repainting the bumpers.

#41 ·
yea, i got to antsy and sold my stock bumper so i had to put my 05 bumper on. Later my truck wont have the bumpers, grill, headlights, and whatever else i decide to do when i get the money to paint and have powdercoating done :doh: So now it just sits. But i did get to antsy and i ended up buying the headlights this morning... gotta love the plastic money LOL And did you get an 08 tailgate!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.