Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Regulated return

5K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  Mr. Bob 
#1 ·
What is the difference between DI's regulated return and ITP's return? Other than the cost of course. I have looked at both and from what I can tell they do the same thing. I just didnt know if one was better than the other or if one came with more goodies?

#5 ·
Thats what Im thinking as well. If they do the same thing and are of the same quality, why get the more expensive one? Im looking to get the combo deal from DI for the turbo and intercooler. Any advice/comments about it?

#6 ·
I got my 38r from David. IMO an intercooler is a little over kill. Spend that money somewhere else. I am still running my stock cooler.

#7 ·
Im not trying to go for big power. It is still my daily driver but I also wanna do good on the track. My plan is to get 38r,intercooler,RR, and a FASS 150. Im just getting started building and tinkering around so I dont really know of a lot I can do. I was also thinking of getting HPOP xover, but again im new to all this and dont really know what that will do for me? Injectors will come later and I know I need to start working on building the tranny as well. Again dont know what to start with?

#8 ·
Get your TS chip reburnt. Personally I like Matt from Gearhead Automotive.

Get ya a RR and do the pre-pump, in-tank mods and get a Walbro GSL 392 fuel pump for $130 and be dont with the fuel system. FASS is over priced and over rated.

Somewhere in here get your tranny build.

Then get ya a 38r and some hybrids.

#9 ·
well, the pictures i see, they definitely dont look the same. Dennis has taken the time to use S.S. CNC'd lines and David still uses the steel braided lines. the steel braided lines with the crimpings have a tendency to leak..

Davids feeds from the rear ports and Dennis' feeds from the front ports. So the price difference is in the quality of the parts. Everyone has their preference. i bought Dennis' kit, for quality and his Customer Service, Second to NONE!!!

#12 ·
well, the pictures i see, they definitely dont look the same. Dennis has taken the time to use S.S. CNC'd lines and David still uses the steel braided lines. the steel braided lines with the crimpings have a tendency to leak..
Davids feeds from the rear ports and Dennis' feeds from the front ports. So the price difference is in the quality of the parts. Everyone has their preference. i bought Dennis' kit, for quality and his Customer Service, Second to NONE!!!
hey boy genius ITP's kit uses 4 braided SS hoses with crimped ends.

#10 ·
DI and ITP both have great kits that work equaly well. I however bought my rr from Nate/unlimited diesel. I couldn't be happier with the fit - finish - and function of my fuel system.

#11 ·
#29 ·
I try to stay out of these arguments, but since the point was made I'll tell you how I address it.

Yes, braided S.S. hoses are very abrasive, they will do nice damage to anything they come in contact with. With the exception of the kits for the H2E style turbos, all of my current hoses come with a clear protective "sheath" over the braided hose. This does a great job of preventing the abrasion problems and still look cool because you can see the S.S. braid.

Sorry, but the hoses for the H2E kit were made before I switched to the clear covering, so they all have the standard black "split loom" on them.

Either way, the S.S. braid is covered and I highly recommend leaving it that way! Any customer removing the covering risks damage to the hose or surrounding hoses/harnesses/etc.

#31 ·
I like ITP kits just for the fact i like dennis. wait i mean dennis's package he offers. wait!!

I love my 6.0 return when i pulled my engine the first thing i did was bug dennis for a kit. and im glad i did while the engine was out lol. 70psi is no problem. no leaks. nothing cutting into anything. and guess what its a good kit.

#32 ·
So pretty much what I am gathering from most of this is that they are pretty much the same thing, just depends on your own pref of hoses.

#35 ·
there is nothing special about ITP's little fitting thing. just another piece of uselss billet. just like there bowl delete. more useless billet. dont get me wrong, it looks damn good, but #### why pay extra for something that can be had way cheaper by simply using a threaded T. i for on am more about function than looks. Davids kit performs very well. i have had it for almost 2 years now with NO issues. if you are looking to save a few bucks and have identical performance, then DI's kit is a no brainer. if you want looks, get DI's kit with stainless lines. if you want useless hunks of billet, and want to spend more money with no gains in performance over DI's kit, buy ITP's kit.

#38 ·
there is nothing special about ITP's little fitting thing. just another piece of uselss billet.
Really?! Do you know what the function of that "piece of uselss billet" is for; like, what it does?

If your keeping a stock bowl in place, it's a very important little piece.

#37 ·
ITP's with the bowl delete... Could not be happier. Well, maybe if it was on the motor now...

#43 ·
The fit and finish of the ITP kit is perfect. It's one of the only aftermarket parts I've purchased that fit PERFECT. He really spent a lot of time with the kit and it shows when the install is done. I would be more than happy to install more of them. His service is awsome as well.

#44 ·
On a little side note, I have been running a trial version of the Dino Fuel Alternatives reg retun for over a year now... I am running their entire fuel system, but they have a reg return for $199.... Jason is a great guy too... Not sure if he is a sponser here???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.