Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

diy traction bars

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  tmillburg 
#1 ·
any body have any measurements, or tips. anything wud help. thanx

#3 ·
so i jus got them built and put on. little tougher than i expected. now im running into some differential issues: temps went up to 150-200 degrees. and some other issues, well things that came up r: posi trac is continous...anybody have any answers

#4 ·
Can you post pics of the bars and mounting

#5 ·
well, i took them off my truck and gave them to my buddy for pulling. the bars were built without any joints so it was not meant for dialy driving. so now im in the process of searching for new ones or goin to a farm implement dealer and buy two hiem joints and cutting them in half and getting tubing and welding something up. and making some more brackets, but i see that u built them urself

#6 ·
but im trying to steer away from welding to th axle but its difficult not to

#10 ·
#8 ·
Let me know if I can help you. I personally would not use implement heims for a daily driver.

#9 ·
If you are looking for something bolt on that does not bind, you may want to look at the OUO bars.

I run them on my 07, no difference in ride with 2500lbs in the bed or taking a raised (3") concrete median at 30mph :D

http://trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2166&idcategory=366
The Customize button will allow you to view all the options. With a Short Bed you can run the 64" Fixed or Adaptable bars.

#13 ·
Enough there guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.