Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

leaking uppipes

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  motoxracer42 
#1 ·
i have a leak somewhere on the up pipes around the turbo. i cant pin point where its coming from but it smoked under the hood when i was dynoing and this weekend somehow the two front bolts that hold the turbo to the pedistal were gone. i checked them before i left and on my way home they were gone and there is soot everywhere under there. i took the turbo out this morning and looked around and couldnt find anything. if i put it in gear and sit there and try to spool it a little smoke comes out but i cant tell where.

#2 ·
Do you still have the factory up pipes? Could be the gasket on the passenger up pipe.

#4 ·
the more i look at it the more i think its where the vband clamp is that runs into the turbo. up pipe looks fine. i know it fit good on there when i put it on. can these clamps go bad or somethin. it looked fine but i dont know.

#5 ·
pass uppipe when i did my egr delete, the gasket fell out and never came out till it was back together and started, that might be where some of its at.

#6 ·
Mine was leaking at one time also. Mine was where it connects to the turbo. The pipe wasn't quite in the turbo all the way for some reason. The clamp seem to go on ok. I just loosed the clamp and wiggled it a bit and then tighten it back up and it's fine now. :shrug:

#9 ·
ya that's what I figured but when i took the turbo out it wasn't very smokey by that flex pipe. I don't know im probably gonna take it apart again and see what's going on. its not a big leak its only when I throw a load on it

#10 ·
Did you change out the Y'd uppipe when youi did the EGR delete?

#11 ·
yea its the liberator delete. i think its been like this for awhile and it i might just have to take the clamp off and loosten the up pipes to make sure everything lines up. maybe i never had it right lol. maybe theres more power under the hood lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.