Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Swamps chip on the way

6K views 58 replies 34 participants last post by  aggie 
#1 ·
Ordered today, cant wait to drive the truck with the new tunes.

#8 ·
Which tunes did you get? I looked at there web, but couldn't find anything on custom tunes. I am wanting get somthing different myself.

#12 ·
Drove the truck today, I like it. Everything is a little different, and the Drag3b is sick, it really makes sh!t happen fast. Gonna pull with it over the mountain on the 18 and 21, looking forward to see the rusults with the toyhauler in tow.

So far I am very impressed, Thanks to Swamps.

#15 ·
#14 ·
Why is everyone jumping off the DP-Tuner bandwagon? It's like no one wants to run dp tunes???????

#25 ·
Well I got my Swamps tune Friday. What a mistake that was. I have reinstalled DP and have sent the other back.

#28 ·
Well please do tell what was wrong with swamps tunes and did you contact John or Dave and talk with them about it?

#26 ·
i ditched the f5 i had without even plugging it in my truck. i find it difficult to ignore the fact that swamps tunes can make a truck live at 600hp on a stock bottom end and dp tunes are throwing forged rods at 500hp. this is just my opinion. that is all.

#27 ·
i ditched the f5 i had without even plugging it in my truck. i find it difficult to ignore the fact that swamps tunes can make a truck live at 600hp on a stock bottom end and dp tunes are throwing forged rods at 400hp. this is just my opinion. that is all.
fixed it for ya

#37 ·
Well that is odd. Never heard of anything like that. I need to have my chip redo. Been a couple of years since mine was done and I am sure the programming is a little better now then it was back then.

#39 ·
Well, first off the guys at swamps are excellent to deal with! No problems there, great service. The engine being quite, was the only positive note I could say. I wanted to try somthing different, unfortunaltly I didn't like it.

#40 ·
Could you not have sent it back to get retuned? Was it just the shifting issue?

Bar none Jodys tranny shifting has been the best I have run. The only tunes I have not run are PHP and Matts... But the Swamps, DI and Elite stuff seems to run better and sound better.

#41 ·
Not to hijack but the shifting and tranny control is what really makes the difference for me w/ DP's tunes. The rolling hills we have in Central TX really can cause havoc w/ big tires/ turbos/ and injectors. The fueling on all the major chips seems pretty good to me and I have tried most.

Honestly the popularity of this stuff goes in cycles. First it was Hypermax, then Diablo, then Bullydog, then TS, then DI, then DP w/ a little TW thrown in there, now Swamps and a bit of Matt.

The latest guys will sell some software, a few trucks will break and some loud mouths will blame the software, and the next thing you know everyone will be raving about how good the new programming is from Gregrob or Andrew or something. LOL

#42 ·
The latest guys will sell some software, a few trucks will break and some loud mouths will blame the software, and the next thing you know everyone will be raving about how good the new programming is from Gregrob or Andrew or something. LOL

Nothing against those two... but I dont see that happening.:doh:

#47 ·
I'll add that 90% of the people I have run across 100% attribute a touchy pedal to having a "Good" program. And those same people will dog a program that has a nice, smooth application of power that follows your right foot because, just as you stated, they have to actually push the pedal farther than 1/4 of an inch to make full power.

I have no reason to think that is the case here, but just wanted to substantiate Matt's statement about that as a prime example of something that a driver might get used to and grow to expect, but that isn't actually a good thing at all in terms of functionality.

#53 ·
Same software that Minotaur, Sniper and the late DP Tuner were all based on. Mine happens to have PHP Tune written at the top, and I got it from Bill, although Jonathan wrote my template file.

It would seem that SCT and Jody's stuff would be the only other options really being used to tune these things.

You can tune with a hex editor if you want. All the software does is pull values from memory addresses, arrange them and configure them in a way that makes them easily interpreted by a person. You don't need it, but it makes things easy to see, and gives you a few tools to make things easier to change.

A few people still tune in the hex itself I believe. Crazy ass Steve Cole comes to mind.

:hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.