Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Crossover steering

12K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  DCSpecial 
#1 ·
Anybody know who makes a nice crossover steering setup for an 01 f250. I have alot of play in the steering I think this would help alot

#2 ·
Have you looked at your front end yet to see what's causing the problem..Maybe you have some bushings worn out..track bar, stablizer, tie rods, ball joints...I think you should check this stuff out first before you spend alot on the cross over steering unless your actually going to be using the cross over for function purposes..

#3 ·
yeah checked eveything out. just replaced one tie rod end and had a alinement done. it seems to be the angle put on the pitman arm causing the problem. You can also see where the tierod rubs the leafspring on the passenger side if u turn real hard.

#11 ·
We sell a couple of different kits also.

If you would like prices or additional info please email or PM me with your needs, info on your truck and zip.

I am a Dealer for: Garret turbos! Casserly Injectors! Icon Vehicle Dynamics, Rize, RCD, Full Traction, Pure Performance suspension, Bilstein,RS-SD kits for OBS trucks, BTS Trans, John Woods trans, STak transfer cases, Deaver spring, Tony Wildman chips,Stealth HPOP's, Tymar products and a Hella dealer among many others.
Custom SCT tunes by Cale at BTS!

If I can help you with your truck please let me know.

I also carry: Iron Bull bumpers,custom bumpers and offroad specality products for Full size trucks,
Bronco's, Jeep or Toyota's!

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

#14 ·
when you search for it more comes up under crossover steering. everybody knows what im looking for. so call it what you want

#15 ·
not excactly sure I know it is at least 8" maybe 10" . the lift was on the truck when I bought it

#17 ·
honestly runnin anything under a 10" you dont need a crossover. somethin that will help you alot is to put a steering stabilizer on it . you said you have a drop pittman arm on it but how big of one. I have seen people put a 5" on it just cause you can get away with it. I have an 8" on mine and i can go muddin then put it right to the highway and it wont miss a beat or have any problems. somethin I noticed when i lifted mine was that the steering was just alot easier to turn it felt like play but it wasnt. is that your first lifted truck and how long have you had it.

#20 ·
that looks like alot of money under that front end

#22 ·
Thank for all the info guys. I think im going with the ORU kit looks like a nice kit at a good price. then I will get the track bar kit.

#24 ·
I have the drop braket for the top side of the trac bar can I just buy the bottom relocate braket instead of the whole kit

#25 ·
ya you can

#27 ·
The trac bar relocation for the crossover steering relocates the trac bar to under the engine crossmember vs. in front of it how it is now.

So you'd need a different upper bracket as well.

And you'd need a longer trac bar (adj. trac bar for crossover steering setup is 35" long vs. 29" long for 0-9" lifts).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.