Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fuel Rail Mod?

19K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  Charles 
#1 ·
A friend of mine told me he found on some forum that you can drill out the ends of your fuel rails to get the full potential of installing a chip. Is this true or not? if it is does anyone know how?

#4 ·
Umm...:pointlaugh:

It won't do anything. They are sufficient stock as far as fuel flow/volume is concerned. Unless your talking about a regulated return fuel setup.

#7 ·
They are talking about the Power Stroke video guru(not me:D) that says if you drill out the banjo bolts that you will gain power.
Wished I had done that years ago, coulda been the first 7.3 to break 900rwhp:doh:

#12 ·
I did mine dont know if it helped but its done. pretty easy to do. I think theres a video on powerstrokehelp.com shows you how to do it.

#16 ·
If you go to powerstrokehelp.com he shows you how to do it. Its the high performance fuel system mods video. He drills one of the holes in each plug from an 1/8" to a 1/4".

#20 ·
i know you guys are going to hate me lol but Powerstrokehelp on you tube, by bill shows you axactly how to do it, heres the link YouTube - 7.3 HIGH PERFORMANCE 2 OF 2 - FUEL SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS

i know you guys mihgt dislike him but he gave me a boost off the ground when i was first learning about these beasts not to long ago

#21 ·
[/url]

i know you guys mihgt dislike him but he gave me a boost off the ground when i was first learning about these beasts not to long ago
now these guy's need to retrain you the right way..lol J/K

#24 ·
there is some truth to that though, maybe not after combustion..... but ask any tractor puller why they run a 466 instead of a 530 even though it bolts right in, there is not much meat under the wrist pin and it will pull it out.

#25 ·
You are right, on the downstroke after the exhaust stroke, but I dont think we have that problem. The only place I have seen that is on PSH.com. And on an engine he installed injectors in I believe.

#33 ·
#37 ·
so whats the hype on drillin these plugs?? he!! my plugs are layin in the bottom of my tool box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.