Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fuel system installed

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  matthewd11 
#1 ·
I installed a -10 pickup with an -8 feed line to pump and -6 an to a RR/bowl delete this past weekend. My question is, has anyone dont this and noticed a difference in smoke?

It seems like the truck runs better, the engine definitely runs quieter. Much less injector noise. Seems to have a little better throttle response as well. The only other thing i notice it seems to smoke more than it did before, especially on the race setting. The smoke is a much thicker black than before, and will smoke more at less throttle than prior to the installation. It seems to make about the same boost pressure, it may be a bit more torquey down low, and just seems to want to keep pulling up top. The turbo used to clean up all the fuel and now there is some left over at full boost. It just had stock lines/pickup with the stock fuel bowl and RR before.

I'm just curious if anyone else noticed something similar to this when they did this to their truck. I did expect some change, but maybe not this much.

#2 ·
will compare notes in a couple a weeks, I'm in the process of getting parts and likley a new pump. l dont see any pre /post filters mentioned?

#4 ·
I noticied about the same things you are after my fuel system install. I am still just running a stock pump and my filters are rated the same as yours.

#6 ·
Do you have aftermarket injectors or stock?

#8 ·
Just curious. Im in the process of building my own fuel system but I still have stock injectors (for now :mad:). Mine shouldn't smoke too much then.

#12 ·
i am going to do my fuel system in a few weeks but i have a question also. There is no Intank pump are they, just the one mounted on the frame? i would also like to know if i kept my fuel bowl could i just buy the walbro pump and bigger lines and be ok with that for now and make a difference?

#13 ·
No in-tank pump, and you should be fine with the walbro and bigger lines for now.

The walbro pump won't make that big of a difference unless your stock pump isn't keeping up.

If by fuel system you mean regulated return, then your injectors will be much happier.

#14 ·
What pressure are you running? My truck smoked more after I added the fuel system and it was set at 61(ish)psi. Now, It smokes less after I listened to Lott and dropped the pressure to 55psi.

#15 ·
I was running about 58 psi but it seems to have lowered itself to about 55 psi. I didnt touch the pressure after the fuel system. It seems to flucuate slightly from when the truck is cold to when its been ran for a while, like 2-3 psi or so at idle. It def seems to pull a bit harder on the race setting though. There is def a little smoke left over, and it makes about 2 psi more or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.