Help with ICP Sensor?

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  BigBlack03 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 F350 6.0L that has been acting up, here are the issues:

-Idling high
-Power loss, then gaining power
-Excessive black smoke
-Stalls, sometimes dies when running

I have a cold air intake and a 5 inch exhuast, those are the only mods on the truck. I am thinking it is the ICP sensor and the code that it pulls is injector sensor low circuit. I was told it was the ICP sensor or the valve.

Also, I have tried looking for where the sensor is and what exactly to fix but I can't find it. I've been told it is behind the turbo but I've heard other things as well.

Could anyone help me somewhat diagnose this problem? I reallly appreciate it..thanks!

#2 ·
If it is the ICP then its directly behind and down below the turbo by the metal shield. They didnt change it till late 04 which then its located on the passenger vavle cover.

#4 ·
Similar symptoms to what you have. Though it would be VERY hard to start.

#7 ·
Is it not leaking? Could also be the IPR, but if you replace one, you may as well replace them both.

#9 ·
The ICP sensor is on top of the motor, at the very back, underneath, and behind the turbo. It mounts into the motor sideways, with the connector end facing the driver's side. If it's never been worked on, there will be a "heat shield" hose over the connector. If you attempt to go at it from underneath the truck, there is a heat shield on the back of the motor that will need to be removed before you can get to the sensor.

Ford has 2 different sensors. Make sure you get the right one, if that is what is wrong.

#11 ·
"Other" sensor??? IPR??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.