Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

what the...

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  blackwaterstroker 
#1 ·
I tried to put my buddies superchips flash paq on my truck today and it said "not stock tune" my dad never had a tune on that truck so what can I do to clear that file so I can get a tune for it later in the future...also my truck black smokes more than a normal 6.0 so I kinda believe their is some kinda tune problem with it.

#2 ·
Re: what the fuk...

Did your dad buy the truck new or used? There maybe a tuner already on the truck its hard to tell. You can got to Ford and have them reflash your computer to stock settings. I did that when my tuner took a chit and it wouldnt turn the truck back to stock. They did it for free for me, it take like 20 mins for them to do it.

#3 ·
Re: what the fuk...

ya the truck is used we bought it from the dealer with 25k on it...you know it feels faster than a stock 6.0 and I kill 7.3 and stock 5.9's all day but their is alot of turbo lag...

#6 ·
oops sorry...

#8 ·
Yes Im sure god is an oil head. LOL

does the flash paq vin lock. does it work for multiple rigs, maybe its just locked to your buddies truck

#9 ·
He said that it's not vin locked...and I wasn't gonna keep the superchips on my truck I just wanted to try out a programmer on my truck before I blow my money on a sct...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.