Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

TBC Fault!! what gives?!?!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Tycof250 
#1 ·
so the other day Im out getting some dinner w/ friends. get back into my truck in the parking lot and the dash says TBC FAULT. oook....no trailer is hooked up?? so it comes on for a couple days in a row so I say well lets see what happens when I hook my trailer up because I DO tow alot and its about to start.

anyways...initial hookup only the slider works. pushing the brakes does nothing. but after i drive for a bit the brakes seems to raise the green bars.

2007 F350 PSD 4x4 SRW w/ factory TBC.....I need this to work!

and of COURSE my warranty was up 1500 miles ago....

#2 ·
Trailer Brake Circuit Fault, mine has the same thing, OM says to take it back to the dealership and have thier computer reset it.

#3 ·
yea...thats oging to be $80 isnt it..lol

from the quick search on google there were alot of threads and most of them got it again after a reset and the dealer couldnt find anything on tests. some said moisture...some replaced the cluster....some replaced the tbc....some even added a new tbc.....still had it. I just want a solid answer to this. I havent asked my dealer yet because I hate dealers.

#6 ·
it could be a sensor on the master cyl. I have done some research on this as well cause my truck has the same thing. I just dont hardly tow anything so its low on the list for things to fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.