Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dyno results from Unlimited

7K views 112 replies 19 participants last post by  aggie 
#1 ·
I was able to keep the clutch from slipping for all five pulls I made. I can slip the clutch easily on the highway when the turbo lights.

The biggest #'s 504 rwhp 984 ft.lbs. was made on my DI Daily Driving tune.

I was not able to light the turbo in either of the two racing tunes. The boost would not get above 20psi all the way through. It was like I was snuffing the charger. I will try to get a higher resistance load next time and see if it will spool then, maybe bring the fuel in slower as RPM increase.

When I got lit in the DD tune the smoke was perfectly clean. The high numbers were in OD, 475+- on the direct (5th) gear pulls.

I was pleased for my first time to hit the rollers, just wish I could have got on top of the charger in race tunes. Twins, and these uncut hybrids could go into the 600-650 range without a doubt in my mind.

Got a LONG way to go before I run out of fuel in the racing tunes.

#5 ·
This is with my mods in sig only.

There is no fuel system, no regulated return...bone stock. At what point does one need to consider a fuel system?

I want to push this setup to 600 just to see if its possible. This is still my daily driver. I drive it all over the country every week for work. Am I crazy or just stupid?

#8 ·
If the file isn't too big you can email it to me and I can try. I have a program that will convert an IFO file.

#11 ·
I can't figure out how to even save it from the disk to the cpu to be able to attach it in an email. It is about ten minutes long, my buddy taped the whole thing.

I filmed his Cummins pull in digital file format, then he filmed mine onto the little disc. :doh:

#15 ·
This is LONG and drawn out, sorry. The dyno screen is toward the end. The 590hp run was my buddies Cummins, don't get too excited. The printer was not working there.

Notice the third run, this was a race tune attempt and turbo would not light totally snuffed it and I finally let off.

Matt's tune was run on the last two pulls, the smoke had cleared up a lot on those runs.

1:55 first run starts (direct) DD tune
3:30 second run (overdrive) DD tune
4:32 is in race and snuffed charger BAD (overdrive) race tune

#18 ·
Before I switched to the S400 it was very close whether mine would lite. Too much fuel down low and an exhaust housing a little large. I'll see if I can find the video.

#21 ·
I never tipped over 30-33psi. I made 45 with the auto. I was on the verge of slipping the clutch, it has been lettin go on the street at about 30psi.

I think I could have loaded the dyno harder and got it lit a lot quicker, but it was a toss up with the weak clutch. Dyno guy did a great job loading it as far as we could and still spool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.